PDA

View Full Version : Formatted Text Link Spacing

mattekure
July 28th, 2020, 19:19
I noticed that occasionally the links in formatted text are not spacing correctly.

This was taken with a new 5e campaign, no extensions loaded. I loaded the module Empire of the Ghouls 01.011. This is a pic of the story entry but it shows in the Ref Manual as well.

https://imgur.com/f8Ukdlr.jpg

LordEntrails
July 28th, 2020, 21:03
This or a similar issue was reported some weeks ago. Someone figured out what might have been causing it and I thought it was fixed, but obviously not :(

If this is a module you are creating, are their difference in the XML?

mattekure
July 28th, 2020, 21:15
This or a similar issue was reported some weeks ago. Someone figured out what might have been causing it and I thought it was fixed, but obviously not :(

If this is a module you are creating, are their difference in the XML?

This is a purchased module from a Kobold Press kickstarter. It was released sometime last week. I do not have access to the XML to see any differences.

LordEntrails
July 28th, 2020, 21:22
Oh, I think I just remembered the issue. It's the bold text at the start of the line. Maybe...? Let's see if anyone else remembers or if Moon knows and is working a solution etc.

Moon Wizard
July 28th, 2020, 23:47
It's an issue that can happen with modules saved with FGC, that was just recently fixed in v3.3.11. Basically, the link text is saving to XML incorrectly, which causes an extra line to appear in the FGU version. The module has to be updated or re-exported with latest FGC to fix.

However, I'm not seeing that issue in that record in the Empire of Ghouls module from the patch system. Can you revert that record in the Story campaign list, or did you edit previously?

Regards,
JPG

mattekure
July 29th, 2020, 02:41
I just checked again in a brand new campaign and I still see it on that entry.

Moon Wizard
July 29th, 2020, 04:02
Looks like the one in the patch system was not the latest one in the repo. I just pushed for FGU patch system to make sure it has the latest.

Thanks for your patience,
JPG

mattekure
July 29th, 2020, 04:28
I just ran an update. It looks like a large Empire of the Ghouls update (about 250 Mb). When I checked the record it seemed fixed.

Thanks