PDA

View Full Version : Tokens for NPCs

Rbbrbootz
July 28th, 2020, 04:59
So I tried to do what I found everywhere on the web, and just drag the image to the token spot on an NPC I'm creating. The NPC is unlocked. I can drag the image to the "other" section and a link shows up. I click on the link and the token shows up. What am I doing wrong trying to get the image to the NPC?

Thanks in advance.

LordEntrails
July 28th, 2020, 06:28
Depends on the ruleset...
But it sounds like you are dragging an image to the Other tab.

It also depends a little bit on if you are using FGC or FGU, but make sure you are selecting a token, then drag it to the token circle in the top corner of the NPC sheet. Or to the toekn instance on the CT, or the token master on the encounter or even each token instance on the encounter.

But, if you let us know FG version and ruleset, we can give you exact instructions. Or perhaps you can post some screen shots for us to look at and give directiosn to.

damned
July 28th, 2020, 08:06
Must drag Tokens only.

Rbbrbootz
July 29th, 2020, 03:48
FGU - 4.0.0
I gave the example of dragging it to the Other tab to show that I WAS able to drag the image elsewhere
I am attaching a screen cap

LordEntrails
July 29th, 2020, 05:00
You are trying to drag an image and not a token. You have to drag a token. Tokens are specific type of assets. See here for more info; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/71270405/Using+Tokens

Rbbrbootz
July 29th, 2020, 15:42
Thank you for the help. It is very much appreciated.