PDA

View Full Version : Can't Put Decimals in Inventory Weight

Griogre
April 26th, 2007, 09:23
I saw someone mention this in the Tavern, but I'm not sure its been reported. I've confirmed you can't put decimal numbers into the weight field in on the inventory sheet in v2.0.3. You can type a decimal in but it does not stick.

Goblin-King
April 26th, 2007, 10:56
I can't replicate this problem. If you press, for example "2", "." and "3", do you see 2.3 in the field at all? By not sticking, do you mean it resets to what it was before the edit or possibly to 2 in the example case?

richvalle
April 26th, 2007, 14:37
I can't replicate this either. I was able to add an item, change set the weight to 2.3, close and reopen the sheet and it was still there. I even started FG and it was still there.

I tried as both DM and a player and it seems to work ok.

rv

darkivel
April 26th, 2007, 15:39
If you are trying to do a .x decimal -- less than one, you have to put 0.x or it will not stick. If you don't first input the 0, the decimal doesn't work. There has to be some sort of number before the point.

Griogre
April 26th, 2007, 17:45
I can't replicate this problem. If you press, for example "2", "." and "3", do you see 2.3 in the field at all? By not sticking, do you mean it resets to what it was before the edit or possibly to 2 in the example case?
If I press 2.3. I would see the 2, then the . and when I pressed 3 the field would revert to just the 2

If I press 0.5 nothing would ever show.

I messed around with this some more and found it was only happening on server based characters - actually the ones in the FUM Open Table campaign I sent you earlier. Even when I creat a new line in inventory, I still can't get decimals to stick.

When I create a new local character I can input decimals.

Goblin-King
April 27th, 2007, 07:17
Is it happening only in local mode and only with server characters? Those characters are locked so that you can't modify them. If that's the case, the numeric input is discarded as it's submitted. The editing shouldn't really be possible at all in this case.

Griogre
April 27th, 2007, 07:33
I can't put a decimal into server characters as the host when I start the campaign. I was trying to update some NPC's, former PC's, to get a feel for what my group is going to be doing on Friday.

So for clarity: Host a campaign with existing characters that was imported from FG1. Open any character on the server. Change to inventory tab. Try to enter a weight with a decimal. Does not work.

Local characters seem to work fine.

Griogre
April 30th, 2007, 04:57
By the way I ran a FG2 game Saturday. No one with imported server characters from FG1 could input decimals in inventory. The player with a new character could. There does seem to be something about imports.