PDA

View Full Version : Beyond the Mountains of Madness theme

Heilemann
July 27th, 2020, 15:14
We recently ended the primary portion of our Beyond the Mountains of Madness campaign, but I'm going to surprise my players with The Black Rat on Saturday. We played everything else in Roll20, but I'm moving over to FG for this adventure and made this theme for that purpose. If anyone is going to play through BtMoM, it might be a bit spoilery out of the box, but I left the PSDs in the repo so you can remove layers and re-export into /graphics/frames/.

Screenshot in link.

https://github.com/Heilemann/fg_btmom_theme

Valyar
July 27th, 2020, 15:38
I get page not found and none of the repos look like FG-related... :)

Trenloe
July 27th, 2020, 17:19
The link works fine for me.

Trenloe
July 27th, 2020, 17:22
Thanks for sharing @Heilemann.

Anyone who uses this, I'd recommend removing the "assets" directory from the extension - otherwise all of those large PSD files will be uploaded to each player when they join the campaign. Not a biggie, but it'll save some time when joining the campaign.

Heilemann
July 28th, 2020, 12:02
Thanks for sharing @Heilemann.

Anyone who uses this, I'd recommend removing the "assets" directory from the extension - otherwise all of those large PSD files will be uploaded to each player when they join the campaign. Not a biggie, but it'll save some time when joining the campaign.

Good call. Maybe I should restructure it.

Heilemann
July 28th, 2020, 12:07
I get page not found and none of the repos look like FG-related... :)

Sorry, I hadn’t set permissions when I first posted it; should be good now.

Heilemann
February 11th, 2021, 01:34
There seems to be a bug which is causing clipping of the desktop frames. I'm looking into it.

Heilemann
February 12th, 2021, 01:02
There seems to be a bug which is causing clipping of the desktop frames. I'm looking into it.

And fixed. I also created a v1.0 release with a .ext file for easier use. Enjoy.

Berwind
February 15th, 2021, 04:48
Jumped the gun a bit out of excitement;

As someone that has run the module for my players- I think it would be cool if there were multiple backgrounds to reflect what the investigators have achieved or uncovered. ie-give them the Panama Canal postcard after they reach the canal or don't show the coins until they're discovered on the abandoned ship. It may also help take away some minor spoilers that are revealed in the background itself.
This involves more work and is ultimately up to you, but I liked to drop a few things like this on a front page as a sort of splash screen when I ran the game on Roll20 before I later moved to fantasy grounds.

If anyone is going to play through BtMoM, it might be a bit spoilery out of the box, but I left the PSDs in the repo so you can remove layers and re-export into /graphics/frames/.
I guess my reply still stands for those less savvy; being the creation of additional backgrounds; but is otherwise satisfied with some editing. Fantastic job.

Heilemann
February 17th, 2021, 01:05
That's a good idea. Only one problem, due to my trying to fix a bluetooth problem by wiping out my machine in December, I lost most of the PSDs, and so it's kind of locked in place now :S