PDA

View Full Version : Player Has to Reset Portraits

sppeterson
April 26th, 2007, 07:14
Th player connected to my campaign, then dragged portraits to each of his characters.

After we exited and re-started the portrait settings weren't saved. He had to drag the portaits over again. This was in a different campaign, but he was using the same character sheets.

joeru
April 26th, 2007, 07:46
Th player connected to my campaign, then dragged portraits to each of his characters.

After we exited and re-started the portrait settings weren't saved. He had to drag the portaits over again. This was in a different campaign, but he was using the same character sheets.

The portrait files for individual characters are contained in the campaign directory under portraits folder, named after the id-number of the character, so it's a feature, not a bug. And, personally, I prefer it that way.

Goblin-King
April 26th, 2007, 08:28
To clarify further, as I suspect the situation might have gone: When characters created in local mode are activated in a hosted session, copies of them are made in the remote session. The portrait changes were most likely targeted at the remote copies in use in the session. When you started another campaign, new copies of the same characters were made, and the brand new copies did not have portraits defined.

The High Druid
April 26th, 2007, 12:09
Or to put it another way, pick your portaits in local mode before you join a campaign and it will work just fine.

sppeterson
April 26th, 2007, 19:23
The rpoblem with picking the protraits in local mode is that it's hard to be sure that you've even done it since it doesn't seem there's an indicator. This is especially confusing for my player since he's running a few characters at once.

It's mainly an aesthetic thing, at any rate. I use (the excellent Fiery Dragon via Digital Adventures) tokens instead of portraits on the map since the tokens are already scaled right relative to each other.

VenomousFiligree
April 30th, 2007, 10:15
Where do portraits need to be stored for Players to see them, in the campaign directory or FG2 directory? Can they be dragged in while FG2 is running or do you need to restart?

:)
MB

Goblin-King
April 30th, 2007, 10:42
Players need to have their portraits on their computers. The place is the "portraits" folder is in the application data directory. The portrait selection is refreshed each time you open and close the sheet, so you can make changes while FG is running.

VenomousFiligree
April 30th, 2007, 11:00
Players need to have their portraits on their computers. The place is the "portraits" folder is in the application data directory. The portrait selection is refreshed each time you open and close the sheet, so you can make changes while FG is running.

Thanks! :)