PDA

View Full Version : Distancing Issue

eriktedesco
July 26th, 2020, 13:05
Hi all FGU family, while playing last night I came across this weird issue: when one of my melee-oriented buddie tried to axe down a zombie, the distance between the two tokens was wrong (10 feet instead of 5).
I tried to roam around the NPC token (still at melee distance) and the distance value changes from 5 to 10 depending on the PC token position.
Any idea? I have 5e Enhancer extension loaded.

Ah FGU last update, Ultimate Licence, 5e ruleset.

Thank for your patience (I'm still getting user to the FGU environment).

EDIT: tried with 5e Enhancer shut off...same issue

Zacchaeus
July 26th, 2020, 16:33
FG doesn't care how far away you are from an opponent - it doesn't measure distance and doesn't prevent you from making a mellee attack if you aren't in range.

eriktedesco
July 26th, 2020, 16:53
Hi Zacchaeus, thank you for the answer. Other than for aestetic reasons, I'm wondering of this measure mismatch could affect or not some flanking-applying estensions, Since sometimes flanking is not applied when it should.

Zacchaeus
July 26th, 2020, 18:41
You would need to ask the authors of any such extensions. I'm not sure I fully understand the issue anyway. I tested with two tokens one targeting the other and no matter which square they were in adjacent to the target (that is the nine tiles around the token) they were 5ft away. I then moved it two squares away and moved the token around the target and it tells me 10 ft for each square. So maybe something is off with your map or some such, I'm not sure.

eriktedesco
July 26th, 2020, 19:17
Ok, I'll try to work around with the map (it is tavern image picked from Internet). Thanks again, Zacchaes.