PDA

View Full Version : New to FGU

TXCBoy36
July 26th, 2020, 08:33
I have the Ultimate License for FGC but I went ahead and downloaded the demo version for FGU.

Originally I was able to access the 5e Sample Campaign which also gives the standard tutorial. I was going to mess with it some but noticed that the Sample Campaign is no longer available in the Lobby Page on FGU. Not sure what happened.

I went to the Smiteworks APP Data link and it shows up there but I am unable to access in FGU. Any suggestions?

damned
July 26th, 2020, 09:59
You can copy it over from the FGC campaigns folder

TXCBoy36
July 26th, 2020, 20:09
Ok, is the tutorial for the 5e sample campaign that came with the Demo version for FGU specifically or does it apply to both platforms? Is the tutorial that I am having issues accessing specifically for FGU? I copied the 5e sample campaign for FGC and put it into the campaign folder for FGU but it is what I originally got with FGC.....does the tutorial point out how to use FGU?

I was hoping to access the tutorial for FGU since I am wanting to learn how to use FGU.

LordEntrails
July 26th, 2020, 21:09
Their is not yet a specific FGU tutorial campaign.

TXCBoy36
July 26th, 2020, 21:21
Okay, so the tutorial works for both platforms.....what about mapping and Line of Sight?

TXCBoy36
July 26th, 2020, 21:24
I did get a script log when this problem occurred, would this help investigate what happened.

Zacchaeus
July 26th, 2020, 22:12
See these videos for how to use and add the LoS feature https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55797-How-do-I-in-Unity&p=492112#post492112

TXCBoy36
July 26th, 2020, 23:44
See these videos for how to use and add the LoS feature https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55797-How-do-I-in-Unity&p=492112#post492112

Thank you SIR!!!

TXCBoy36
July 29th, 2020, 00:53
I am looking through the store and noticed a sale on upgrading the license. If I upgrade my new FGU Demo to Ultimate while I currently have the Ultimate License for FGC, does this mean that if I upgrade FGU to Ultimate, will I also maintain my Ultimate License with FGC also? Will both platforms be seen as holding an Ultimate License?

damned
July 29th, 2020, 01:17
There is no upgrade to ultimate from demo/free. The upgrade is from Standard to Ultimate.

TXCBoy36
July 29th, 2020, 05:10
There is no upgrade to ultimate from demo/free. The upgrade is from Standard to Ultimate.

Ok, then I am really confused. When I first got FGC, it was the demo version....I never acquired the standard license. I paid the full fee which gave me the Ultimate License from the Demo version of classic. I can't do the same with Unity?

LordEntrails
July 29th, 2020, 05:16
Ok, then I am really confused. When I first got FGC, it was the demo version....I never acquired the standard license. I paid the full fee which gave me the Ultimate License from the Demo version of classic. I can't do the same with Unity?
Its not really an upgrade per se, it's just a FGU Ultimate license. Most folks think of the "upgrade" license as being from Standard to Ultimate.

Yes you can purchase the FGU Ultimate license and put the key in your demo version of FGU and get the Ultimate functions. It will ipdate (upgrade) your installation to the full Ultimate capabilities.

TXCBoy36
July 29th, 2020, 05:30
Its not really an upgrade per se, it's just a FGU Ultimate license. Most folks think of the "upgrade" license as being from Standard to Ultimate.

Yes you can purchase the FGU Ultimate license and put the key in your demo version of FGU and get the Ultimate functions. It will ipdate (upgrade) your installation to the full Ultimate capabilities.

Ok....so if I do this upgrade or purchase to acquire my Ultimate License for FGU and I already have an Ultimate License for FGC....will that give me full access to both platforms as an Ultimate License (FGC & FGU). I am wanting full access to both platforms?

LordEntrails
July 29th, 2020, 07:45
Ok....so if I do this upgrade or purchase to acquire my Ultimate License for FGU and I already have an Ultimate License for FGC....will that give me full access to both platforms as an Ultimate License (FGC & FGU). I am wanting full access to both platforms?
Yes, your FGC license will still be valid. You will be able to use FGC or FGU, and can have them both installed on the same computer :)

TXCBoy36
July 30th, 2020, 08:13
Ok, I got a response from Smiteworks also....they confirmed this...Thanks again!