PDA

View Full Version : Altering combat rolls

Xargun
July 25th, 2020, 18:19
Is there a way to 'change' the combat rolls - as in increase/decrease the damage applied or change who the target actually was? I thought I saw some commands you could use but cannot find them again and not sure they would work in 2E ruleset.

Xargun

esmdev
July 26th, 2020, 00:40
Is there a way to 'change' the combat rolls - as in increase/decrease the damage applied or change who the target actually was? I thought I saw some commands you could use but cannot find them again and not sure they would work in 2E ruleset.

Xargun

The 2E ruleset only supports official rules and systems. You can always adjust things manually as needed. If it is a regular feature you can also manually adjust the weapon that is in the action tab to perform the additional damage, increase hit rolls, etc...

The ruleset itself doesn't really support effects in the way that other rulesets handle them (at the moment), so it's easier to just make modifications to the gear itself.

damned
July 26th, 2020, 04:42
The ruleset itself doesn't really support effects in the way that other rulesets handle them (at the moment), so it's easier to just make modifications to the gear itself.

I think it supports Effects the way other systems do but also supports them being assigned by equipment. I dont think there is anything limited.

--

I dont understand the question? Why would you apply the damage to a different target?
You can always drag an existing result to a new target and it will apply.
If you want to drag the result and modify it put a value in the modifier box and then drag the initial result to a new target.

MadBeardMan
July 26th, 2020, 15:06
I think it supports Effects the way other systems do but also supports them being assigned by equipment. I dont think there is anything limited.

--

I dont understand the question? Why would you apply the damage to a different target?
You can always drag an existing result to a new target and it will apply.
If you want to drag the result and modify it put a value in the modifier box and then drag the initial result to a new target.

This ruleset supports traits for equipment (weapons/armour). There is an effects system but it's mainly for unconcious/fatigued and will soon work with gravity effects.

The ruleset will only ever support official rules, but I'm quite happy to add extra bits and pieces via extensions that support some house rules etc. Suggest away.

Cheers,
MBM

damned
July 26th, 2020, 15:19
Im an idiot - saw 2E and didnt look to see what sub-forum I was in...
I thought it was a D&D 2E post...

Nothing to see here... move along...