PDA

View Full Version : Some d20 char sheet questions

Jingo
April 26th, 2007, 05:28
Experimentation is fun, but man I could use some documentation! :o

Somethings I'm not sure how to figure out yet on the d20 ruleset charsheet
1) On Skills tab top pane, there's a little gray flame looking symbol to the left of the stat mod on Dex and Str skills, but not all of them. What does it mean?
2) Same tab bottom pane. What does Planned Ranks mean? What is it used for?
3) On Spells tab, how the heck do you define what spells a character knows? You know, list the spell with description? Or at least give a link to the spell in the reference? Also, is it possible to somehow type in our own textual items in the spell list?

longarms
April 26th, 2007, 05:50
I think I can help with 1+3.

The grey thing is a suit of armor... indicating to you that your armor check penalty applies to this skill. Try putting 10 in the armor check penalty on the inventory page, and see what happens to those skills ;)

On the spells, you need to do several things. First, make sure you have listed your class on the first page. Second, make sure you have inputted spells per level amounts on the top list. Once you do this, you can start dragging spells from the d20 spellbook into the respective locations.

longarms
April 26th, 2007, 05:50
I have a question that seems topical to this thread.

Where do you track spells save vs. DC? In FG1, it was tracked on the top of the spells tab. Can't find where this goes in FG2.

Goblin-King
April 26th, 2007, 07:11
2) Same tab bottom pane. What does Planned Ranks mean? What is it used for?

Whenever you get skill points to spend, you enter the amount in the Available ranks field. Then, as you fiddle with the ranks of the skills, the Planned ranks field will display the number of skill points you have spent so far.

Sir Bayard
April 26th, 2007, 17:26
Once you click the button on the Planned Ranks it commits those ranks to the character sheet, and you can't edit the rakns (like, if you made a mistake no 0 it out) unless you right click on the skills and select direct adjustment rather than planned ranks. Just a small tidbit I learned the hard way when I found out when I forgot to check my hide skill as a class skill, did my thigny not paying attention, and locked in a 3.5 rank that i couldn't 0 out until I learned (from a friend) how to switch modes to adjust it accordingly.

Ricboy
April 27th, 2007, 03:46
speaking of skills, does anyone know how to identify the skills that can be used untrained?

Callum
April 27th, 2007, 18:08
speaking of skills, does anyone know how to identify the skills that can be used untrained?
One of the little modifications I made in FG was editing the skills page of the character sheet to show which ones could be used untrained. I guess I should have suggested that for FG II, but it seemed so minor compared to everything else that was being done...

Ricboy
April 28th, 2007, 06:15
If I understand this correctly it means that I have to tweak the character sheet to acheive this?

Oberoten
April 28th, 2007, 07:37
Yes, that or use a char-sheet that someone else has allready tweaked.

Ricboy
April 28th, 2007, 12:27
Ok so my question would now be: Did someone already tweaked is charsheet to aceive this?

Jingo
April 29th, 2007, 06:51
Thanks all.

Another question about the d20 char sheet: How do you get multiple attacks to stick at a certain value?

For example, I'm trying to put in two attacks at +3 / +3 bonus for one weapon.

Then +1 / +1 / +1 for another. But the program tries to get smart and think for iteself. It tries to decrement five from each one. So the one with three attacks instead of being +1 three times it shows up as +5/0/-5 whenever the char sheet gets reopened.

I don't want the char sheet to be that smart. How can I override it? Is thsi a bug? Or can I do something to resolve this?

joeru
April 29th, 2007, 07:24
Thanks all.

Another question about the d20 char sheet: How do you get multiple attacks to stick at a certain value?

For example, I'm trying to put in two attacks at +3 / +3 bonus for one weapon.

Then +1 / +1 / +1 for another. But the program tries to get smart and think for iteself. It tries to decrement five from each one. So the one with three attacks instead of being +1 three times it shows up as +5/0/-5 whenever the char sheet gets reopened.

I don't want the char sheet to be that smart. How can I override it? Is thsi a bug? Or can I do something to resolve this?

Use the mousewheel to adjust particular attacks.

Callum
May 8th, 2007, 12:27
Ok so my question would now be: Did someone already tweaked is charsheet to aceive this?
I can let you have my modified png file for FG that shows which skills can only be used trained. However, in FG II the skills sheet is created dynamically using scripts - changing that is a bit more involved, and probably beyond me!