PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting for SWADE one-shots

BillTheButcher
July 25th, 2020, 06:21
Hello, and thank you all for responding. This game has filled up, however. If you have not heard back I will let you know when a spot opens up.

Hello, fellow Savages!

I'm going to start running a series of SWADE one-offs during the week. This will be the first of them if I can find enough players by 7/28. If not, I'll re-schedule for the next week. These will be adventure modules I've acquired over the years, but never had an opportunity to run. These will be one-offs, so you only need to commit to one game. If you want to come back next week, fine. If not, also fine. All I ask is that you don't RSVP then cancel at the last minute. All you need to play is familiarity with the SWADE core rulebook and Fantasy Grounds. These are "one-offs", so teaching new players is out of scope. You don't need to be a SWADE guru, just have read the book, and played in a game or two.

I have a Fantasy Grounds Ultimate license, so you can join and play with the free demo client.

The setting for week 1 will be standard fantasy.

I have pre-generated characters already created that we will use. I don't want to mess around with character creation for a one-off.

All of the modules I'm planning to run seem to be well-regarded, but are obscure enough most people probably haven't already played them. I can't tell you the names or it will spoil the fun, but I will say none of them are Wizards or Paizo.

Voice will be Discord.

zombieinarmor
July 25th, 2020, 17:21
What time were you thinking?

Savage Riggs
July 26th, 2020, 07:59
I'm interested, provided the time fits into my schedule. In case you want to know a bit about me, I'll add that as a long-time player of Savage Worlds I'm familiar with SWADE and Fantasy Grounds, use Discord regularly, and love the freshness of one-offs with the challenge of playing new pre-gens in entertaining ways. I look forward to hearing more.

BillTheButcher
July 26th, 2020, 12:36
What time were you thinking?

Myself and the one confirmed player are thinking 8pm - 11pm, Tuesdays. I'm going to put off the first game another week until 7/28 since we don't have 4 confirmed players yet.

Claybor
July 26th, 2020, 18:34
I am interested as well. Long time gamer and savage worlds player. The time frame fits nicely for me.

Savage Riggs
July 27th, 2020, 00:09
That time works for me as well.

zombieinarmor
July 27th, 2020, 01:21
That slot works as long as its close to EST

degarzet
July 27th, 2020, 15:22
Hi everyone, I've never played a savage worlds game, but only because I couldn't get my friends to try it. If you'd have me, I'm free evenings, the above-mentioned time works.