PDA

View Full Version : Laptop still not liking FGII

DMDaddy0
April 26th, 2007, 05:03
My wife is still having trouble with FGII. I can't even get it to run FGII even after all the updates have installed. This is the Error that we receive, "FantasyGrounds.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience,"

This is getting very frustrating because I really want her to be able to play in my campaign. Any ideas?

Goblin-King
April 26th, 2007, 06:46
Can you check the desktop DPI setting on the laptop? On windows XP you can find it under Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, General. Problems have been reported with DPI settings other than the standard 96.

DMDaddy0
April 26th, 2007, 15:44
Okay, this is the Error Signiture on the error report.

AppName: fantasygrounds.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: msvcr70.dll
ModVer: 7.0.9466.0 Offset: 000013d6

And this is the file included in the error report send out.

C:\DOCUME~1\DANITA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\9e7c_appcompat. txt

There was also a loooooooooooong page of code and such, but I wasn't able to copy/paste that info here. Hope this helps.

richvalle
April 26th, 2007, 16:00
Okay, this is the Error Signiture on the error report.

AppName: fantasygrounds.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: msvcr70.dll
ModVer: 7.0.9466.0 Offset: 000013d6

And this is the file included in the error report send out.

C:\DOCUME~1\DANITA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\9e7c_appcompat. txt

There was also a loooooooooooong page of code and such, but I wasn't able to copy/paste that info here. Hope this helps.

Maybe you can send the file to their support email? I can find the email addy if you need it.

rv

joshuha
April 26th, 2007, 16:19
What kind of graphics card is on the Laptop?

DMDaddy0
April 26th, 2007, 18:39
Not entirely sure, but I do know its a 32 MB card. I also checked the DPI as suggested by goblin king, and it's set to 96. Right now we're considering blowing the hard drive's brains out and rebooting windows, etc.

DMDaddy0
April 26th, 2007, 19:54
Just freaking great. I upgraded to 2.0.4, and now it crashes on the PC too. The window opens, and when I try to host the game, it crashes, just like on the laptop. WTF.

Edit : It still acts finicky on the PC, but if I continually try and start the program it'll eventually give in and work. Still annoying though.

DMDaddy0
April 27th, 2007, 05:50
Can I please get a response here? I don't mean to sound like a pest, but we're still having the same problem and we're scheduled for a game on Saturday. This is what we've done so far.

Checked video card 32 MB - good
Checked DPI settings at 96 - good
Defragged hard drive - good
Removed all traces of FG demo, FG 1.5 and FGII and reinstalled program 4 times - good

My wife is going to run a Windows XP tuneup on the system to try and fix the problem, but we're at a loss here. I'm starting to lose my patience and I'd really appreciate some answers.

lovkraft
April 27th, 2007, 06:27
You sound a bit stressed, daddy-o, lets see if this helps.

Check out this page
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/892613

The error seems nearly identical to what you are reporting. Perhaps your Msvcr70.dll is corrupt or changed. Do you use AOL messenger?

Just in case this is the problem, try to get a new Msvcr70.dll from either of these locations
https://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr70
https://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/M/msvcr70.dll/7.00.9466.08/download.html

and then copy it here (back up the existing one)
c:\windows\system32\msvcr70.dll