PDA

View Full Version : 5E NPC Combat Groups as in Savage Worlds Rulesets

pablomaz
July 24th, 2020, 18:47
Hey, guys.

I just found out about a great functionality of the Savage Worlds rulesets (both Deluxe and SWADE): Combat Groups. Using it, you can populate the Combat Tracker with different NPC groups even if they are from the same kind/species (e.g., goblins). You can collapse and expand those groups, making the CT much cleaner. You can also add more NPCs with the click of a button.

Is there ANY 5e extension that makes something similar to this? Is it possible to build something like that for the 5e ruleset? :confused:

Capture just to illustrate:

Moon Wizard
July 24th, 2020, 19:58
It's definitely possible to build something like this (since SW has done it); but it would require quite a lot of changes to core window classes and global functions to make it work in 5E. Also, you would need to handle the case where creatures had different initiatives (since that is an option in 5E) so that they didn't group. I would only suggest someone that has made other simpler extensions try something this complex though.

Regards,
JPG

pablomaz
July 25th, 2020, 00:09
It's definitely possible to build something like this (since SW has done it); but it would require quite a lot of changes to core window classes and global functions to make it work in 5E. Also, you would need to handle the case where creatures had different initiatives (since that is an option in 5E) so that they didn't group. I would only suggest someone that has made other simpler extensions try something this complex though.

Regards,
JPG

I see.
Well, definitely not a task for me...