PDA

View Full Version : User manual

demonsamurai
July 24th, 2020, 10:39
Morning all,
Is there such a thing as a user manual for the Traveller ruleset? Appreciate that many things have been covered in the forums but some of the MgT2 ruleset options don't seem to be covered in the latest (3.3) edition of the pdf manual (line of sight, targeting on the combat tracker etc). Just wondered whether there was an 'all in one place' resource. Thanks.

MadBeardMan
July 24th, 2020, 11:01
Morning all,
Is there such a thing as a user manual for the Traveller ruleset? Appreciate that many things have been covered in the forums but some of the MgT2 ruleset options don't seem to be covered in the latest (3.3) edition of the pdf manual (line of sight, targeting on the combat tracker etc). Just wondered whether there was an 'all in one place' resource. Thanks.

Good Morning,

The quick answer is 'No'. I've started on some documentation but things are changing so quickly (and new Core Rulebooks, ie High Guard change things again). Once the main core books are released I'll get back to documentation.

What ruleset options are you missing? The ruleset is at v1.1.3 and supports most of the core rulebook. I think v3.3 relates to CoreRPG which the ruleset is built on top of.

When you speak about Line of Sight, are you referring to maps, if so, are you referring to FGU?

The Combat Tracker does support targetting. I've just checked this and I can confirm on the Referee side. Post work I'll confirm on the Client side.

So let me know which options you think are missing, or want adding, and I'll get either the answers (or others who frequent these boards can) or I'll add them to future updates.

Cheers,
MBM

demonsamurai
July 24th, 2020, 11:29
Many thanks for the swift reply MBM ! I am a complete novice (using FGU) and negotiating it from the start, so i'm not entirely sure what's missing as i don't yet fully know what exists. Just working my way through it with trial and error, the 3.3 CORERPg manual and youtube vids.

with regards to line of sight, yes its when using maps on FGU. Once they have been drawn on do you need to do anything special to turn them on, or are they up and ready to go?

Thanks so much,

Mike

MadBeardMan
July 24th, 2020, 11:40
Hi Mike,

I myself haven't moved to FGU yet, so I can't answer your question. I assume maps need to be built to support LoS and that the tokens will need support for it.

I've not done anything like that, I presume that support is in CoreRPG (which is why we build on top). However, I'll ask and find out if I need to do anything extra in the MgT2 ruleset.

It's a great community here, so if you're new, play and ask away. I'm listening to the Cricket and working, so need to get back to that now.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
July 24th, 2020, 14:03
Many thanks for the swift reply MBM ! I am a complete novice (using FGU) and negotiating it from the start, so i'm not entirely sure what's missing as i don't yet fully know what exists. Just working my way through it with trial and error, the 3.3 CORERPg manual and youtube vids.

with regards to line of sight, yes its when using maps on FGU. Once they have been drawn on do you need to do anything special to turn them on, or are they up and ready to go?

Thanks so much,

Mike

I am also new to but have learned a lot in the last 10 days? LOS needs to be drawn in by hand on the maps (unless they come with it) - there is a great 3-part video tutorial online about how to do it and how each type of LOS works (Don't remember who but it was a older german guy (I think) doing them). Then once you have all your red, green and blue lines on the map you have to click the eyeball to turn them on. If you have more questions post away and people here will try to answer them.

Xargun

damned
July 24th, 2020, 14:50
German guy? You dont mean a Scottish bawbag do you?

Xargun
July 24th, 2020, 14:59
German guy? You dont mean a Scottish bawbag do you?

No idea what a bawbag is, but he had an odd accent - more of a eastern european country. But I could be way off. I didn't think it was german, but didn't know what else to call it.

Just re-looked them up and they are from Zacchaeus and his tag is from scotland so I guess I'm a fool.... His accent doesn't sound scottish to me.. oh well, here is a link to the page.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52024-LOS-videos

Xargun

demonsamurai
July 24th, 2020, 17:49
Top man !

demonsamurai
July 24th, 2020, 17:50
Thanks matey

Xargun
July 24th, 2020, 18:05
Thanks matey

No problem - you're welcome.

Xargun

damned
July 25th, 2020, 02:10
bawbag is a derogatory slang Scottish term and it was only a joke. Zacc is an awesome guy and he would have gotten it but he didnt see this post so it was both wasted and unnecessary....
watch his videos - on all things FG/FGU.