PDA

View Full Version : A Mulberry Forest of Ashes. LFP DND 5E. Ultimate Subscription.

GM Abhi
July 23rd, 2020, 22:42
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Dnd 5E

Time Zone: EDT (UTC -4)
Day of week and time: Wednesday 4pm.
If new game, planned start date: 29/7/2020
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hours. Weekly
Term: Long term
Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Recorded for the youtube.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 65- 35 maybe more rp depending on the party.
Number of Players in game & needed: 0/5-6
Character starting level & equipment: Lvl 1, regular starting.
Character restrictions: No artificers, Warforged, Mystics.

Details of your scenario: You are on the front lines of a battlefield. Your enemy is before you not 400 feet away. Swords were drawn and weapons at the ready. How do you fare? What do you think? What will you do if you survive? What is there to survive for? Who do you love, where do you wish to return. Let's explore war and the aftermath together You will still adventure like standard adventurers. The war is a small plot point.

Link to Gamecalendar page: Idk what this is to be honest. Reply to these questions answered.

Questions to answer:
What are you looking for in a campaign? In a dm?
What do you dislike in DnD? In the table group?
Are their any topics or settings off-limits? What about jokes or conversations?
What part of dnd is your fav/you enjoy more?
Combat to rp ratio?
Any questions for me?
Do you wanna do more than just play dnd and try to make friends or just the dice?

jfg1984
July 23rd, 2020, 23:22
It sounds interesting to me. I'm currently DM'ing a long on-going game but I haven't had a chance to be a player in a good long while.

My own Info:

License: FG Classic Ultimate (haven't subscribed to Unity yet)
Time Zone: USA, EST (I'm 1 hour behind you)
Day & Time: I'm working from home while this whole pandemic is an issue so I can make the Wednesday 4pm time slot pretty easily for the moment but after everything gets back to normal I'd probably hope for a change in time to evenings, or the weekend.

Answers:
1) I'd like to play something that's long term and runs from level 1 up to level 20 if possible; an epic style story on par with the Wheel of Time or Lord of the Rings ... something less episodic and more saga focused. In a DM, I'm looking for someone who is good at making the world come alive and not afraid to give the players agency and free reign without being rail roaded into a pre-scripted story. I appreciate when most of the rolls are publicly visible for both the DM and the players so that the chance of the dice gives the game a feeling of risk and danger.

2) Being bogged down in roll intensive situations like combat can be a bit of a drag if it gets really slow, but I find FG really helps with speeding that along as long as the back end code is working well and everyone is comfortable using it.

3) Nope. I'm not the sensitive type.

4) I enjoy the role playing aspect of the game, dialogue with the NPC's we meet and with other players, and I also enjoy building up my character from low level to high.

5) Maybe 35% combat 65% RP

6) I'd like to know a bit more about the world and setting you're planning to run the game in if it looks like I'd be joining; and any house rules you have that are different from standard.

7) Make friends for sure. The game is only as good as the company you play it in.