PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker function

mcgarnagle
April 26th, 2007, 01:22
What the heck is this?

https://img340.imageshack.us/img340/3294/combattrackerfp4.jpg

I assume it is a way to keep track of special effects on characters during combat such as haste or enlarge. It is a great feature, but is there some way to get the combat tracker to automatically count the rounds down as they pass? Number 2 on the image is the same symbol as the round counter in the bottom right, only I can't get number 2 to do anything.

The High Druid
April 26th, 2007, 01:30
It was the two 5's at the top next to the hash and the stopwatch I was curious about.

joshuha
April 26th, 2007, 01:30
In your picture the number 2 is the amount the counter changes the number on the left by. When that number hits 0 you get a message that effect expires.

So the two ways to do it are put a positive number for the first number (say a 3 round effect) and a negative number for the second one (normally -1). Then each round it decrements the first number by -1 until 0 then gives a message the effect has expired.

The second way would be to put a negative number in the first one and then leave the second one as positive, whichever way makes most sense to you.

joshuha
April 26th, 2007, 01:35
It was the two 5's at the top next to the hash and the stopwatch I was curious about.

Once you have a token linked to combat tracker these effect how the shading is done.

The first one is the size of the token and this is highlighted on the grid as red.

The second is the reach of the creatue, if the GM highlights the token he will then see a greyish shading that show him the reach of the token.

mcgarnagle
April 26th, 2007, 02:19
Thanks for the help! That works wonders! It makes my life alot easier when trying to keep track of various effects.

longarms
April 26th, 2007, 03:59
Great thread.

EDIT: I removed my question because I thought I figured it out, but thanks to Griogre I learned something else about the black circle. Thanks again.

When I mouse over the corresponding token on the map I get shading showing, which I assume is reach. Sometimes the shading doesn't go where I expect it to (for example only shading 5 of the 8 squares adjacent to a token with 5' reach). Anyone know what's up with that?

Griogre
April 26th, 2007, 04:07
The shield, Sword and "Glowing man" are toggles that keep the attack, defense or effects lines open with it is not the creatures initiative. Without these only the active person's stuff is open and everyone elses is collapsed. The black dot is a drag and drop dot. So say you needed a few more Hobgoblins you could grab it and drop it on the tracker as many as you needed. This is handy because you only need to roll init once for one, enter it and then drag the rest of them down.

Griogre
April 26th, 2007, 04:28
EDIT: I removed my question because I thought I figured it out, but thanks to Griogre I learned something else about the black circle. Thanks again.

When I mouse over the corresponding token on the map I get shading showing, which I assume is reach. Sometimes the shading doesn't go where I expect it to (for example only shading 5 of the 8 squares adjacent to a token with 5' reach). Anyone know what's up with that?
You're welcome. As far as the size and reach those are number picked up off the combat tracker which gets them from Personalities. You can actually set these to any interger but values seem to round down to the nearest five. Are you sure you don't have a token on a grid intersection? Also, If the token does not match the size set then the size and reach may seem strange.

Valarian
April 30th, 2007, 13:17
Played a game last night and noticed something strange. If a monster is dragged on to the combat tracker from the D20 Monsters module, the AC and weapons rolls are populated. Drag the PC on to the combat tracker from the portrait in the top left, and the AC and weapons are not populated. Is this a bug, or intentional functionality? If the latter, can I put in an enhancement request to get the functionality the same for PCs and monsters.

Griogre
April 30th, 2007, 21:15
Valarian, that is a bug I thought they fixed a version or to ago. Did it reapear? PC data from the rings is suppose to populate the combat tracker with AC, ect. Now, I believe someone posted that if the PC data was dragged to the Tracker *before* the AC and Weapons data had been filled out on the character sheet, the tracker - as you would expect - was empty. The problem was that when the data was redragged after the character sheet was updated, the tracker still didn't update. Could this be your problem?

Valarian
May 1st, 2007, 08:36
The version was 2.0.5 when playing. The player had filled in the AC and weapon details on the character sheet before being dragged on to the combat tracker. The player was added to the tracker through me clicking on the portrait icon and releasing the click on the tracker. The player name and icon were populated, but not the AC or weapon details.

richvalle
May 1st, 2007, 12:08
I just did a quick test in 1.0.6. AC is showing up but weapons are not. Should probably be listed in the Support section as a bug.

rv

mcgarnagle
May 30th, 2007, 02:13
I don't think there is a way (right now) but I'll ask anyway. In the combat tracker, when I have a large number of combatants, it would be nice if when I advance the "next actor" button, it would move the combat tracker with it. Basically, I want the combat tracker to automatically scroll with whos turn it is, but I still want the ability to move to any point on the tracker whenever I want. Then, if I go to the bottom of the combat tracker and the next turn belongs to someone at the top, when I press the button, it will center the tracker on that actor on the tracker.

TarynWinterblade
May 30th, 2007, 02:41
I don't believe there's a way to access the scroll functions of a windowlist (if there is... somebody point them out, because I'd like to make my scrollbar code better :))...

But, in a different vein... every time you press the next actor button, it could move the current actor to the bottom of the list, effectively making the topmost actor the one whose turn it is, and giving a decent replacement for scrolling.

Sir Bayard
May 30th, 2007, 04:04
Except if you used that method and moved the pointer out of turn for some circumstance it would throw everything out of whack, wouldn't it?

TarynWinterblade
May 30th, 2007, 13:59
Except if you used that method and moved the pointer out of turn for some circumstance it would throw everything out of whack, wouldn't it?

*sigh* It seemed like such a good idea in my head. Stop bringing reality into it... :p

Sir Bayard
May 30th, 2007, 17:23
Reality? In Fantasy grounds? It seems almost oxymoronish to state that. :)

Toadwart
June 1st, 2007, 02:14
*sigh* It seemed like such a good idea in my head. Stop bringing reality into it... :p

Sounded good to me too. Wouldn't it work if, when you "moved the pointer out of turn for some circumstance", every actor above the new 'active' one is moved to the bottom of the list.
In my mind I picture the list like a wheel, cycling around so the 'active' actor moves to the top.