PDA

View Full Version : 3.3.11 5e generate a story template - tagged text issue

skj310
July 23rd, 2020, 13:39
Assuming the information herein: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/1048660/Using+Story+Templates+to+Create+Random+Stories#Tag ged-Text-%3C%3E
is still valid with v3.3.11?

Well it still worked in 3.3.10 but have noticed that it isn't doing what i was / am expecting now. Perhaps a pic explains better:
Notice the red highlighted "tagged text" ... I was expecting those entries to also say "Briar Twistybug" as this story template used to do. Now it no longer does ... new feature? :) kidding

LordEntrails
July 23rd, 2020, 18:59
Can you post a screen shot of your Gender Fey Name table? I'm guessing that you don't have closing values on it. I believe FGC allowed tables with only starting values, but I'm pretty sure FGU does not.

Moon Wizard
July 24th, 2020, 20:05
What product is that story template from? (so we can take a look at an example to see what the issue might be)

Regards,
JPG

skj310
July 25th, 2020, 03:30
Good questions, good question. First @LordEntrails here is the nested tables (can send xml as well if you like) starting with:
Gender Fey Name

The nested tables it calls are:

Names Fey Last2 is VERY SIMILAR to the screenshot above.

The male" names tables also hit the "Names Fey Last [1,2]" above, but are otherwise the same (and not included cause of the 5 attachment rule and i was too lazy to go back and reformat the screenshots). Also the red bar is cause the table was too big for me to screenshot and stitch it all together, so this was my compromise. Red bar represents all the rows in between.

Now when you say "that you don't have closing values on it" are you mean empty table cells? Or the die range per row? Am I missing something in my tables?

@MoonWizard you asked what product is this from? :) From the mind of Crimson Nib / Dagobah / skj310 ... me! :)

I hope that info helps see what's happening? I just want to reiterate that this WAS working. Here is my last screenshot taken from the Story Template being used in v3.3.10 ... note that it populated as i was expecting:

LordEntrails
July 25th, 2020, 05:35
I don't see any problems with your tables. I was referring to the die range cells. All yours are filled in.

Hopefully Mr Z or someone else with more experience with templates will see something. If nothing else and its possible, maybe you could share the module?

skj310
July 25th, 2020, 07:09
Hope so too ... mighty Moon Wizard will know!

As for sharing the module ... never shared one before ... perhaps i ought to, but then i've not researched into how one goes about that. perhaps later :) thanks for the suggestion though.

Zacchaeus
July 25th, 2020, 08:35
It does look like something in the update has broken the templates output. Here's an image from Volo and you can see that the bits in the angled brackets aren't being interpreted.

skj310
July 25th, 2020, 11:54
Nice find @Zaccaeus ... You've done gone and proved I'm sane! :)

LordEntrails
July 25th, 2020, 21:39
Nice find @Zaccaeus ... You've done gone and proved I'm sane! :)
I don't think he proved you are sane, just that on this one thing you weren't crazy! :p

skj310
July 26th, 2020, 02:26
LOL! Nice one! :)

Moon Wizard
July 26th, 2020, 02:40
Hmm, I just tested with Volo's Beholder Template in FGU Live channel; and it appears I'm getting the right results. I might need some help to reproduce.

JPG

skj310
July 26th, 2020, 04:40
Couldn't say a thing about FGU as I'm a LX user and therefore constrained to FG classic. As per the first post, this was noted against v3.3.11; I thought FGU meant v4.x?

Zacchaeus
July 26th, 2020, 08:25
Hmm, I just tested with Volo's Beholder Template in FGU Live channel; and it appears I'm getting the right results. I might need some help to reproduce.

JPG
Well this is interesting. It is working fine in Unity but the issue is with Classic. I only tested in Classic - sorry, I should have made that clear.

Moon Wizard
July 27th, 2020, 05:47
Found it. I'm planning to push a couple hot fixes for CoreRPG/3.5E/PFRPG on Tuesday, including this one.

JPG