PDA

View Full Version : NEW Category Tab gone and won't come back. All of my categories now uncategorized

devinlc
July 22nd, 2020, 22:50
So, with the latest update(s), suddenly all of my images, maps, and other content has lost their categories and been placed into the Uncategorized tab. Furthermore, when I add new content, there is no NEW category.

Was this an intended feature or has something gone wrong with my files?

LordEntrails
July 22nd, 2020, 23:11
Tabs were deprecated some years ago. You mean groups?

Have you duplicated in a new campaign with no extensions?

Screen shots? Ruleset? FG version with date code?

devinlc
July 22nd, 2020, 23:16
Oops. Yeah I meant groups.

v3.3.11 ultimate. Not sure what you mean or how to determine "date code".

5e ruleset.

Have not yet duplicated in new campaign with no extensions.

devinlc
July 22nd, 2020, 23:22
Set up a new test campaign with no extensions. Added a map. Same issue. Has "Uncategorized" just replaced "New" in the latest FG version? It wasn't mentioned in the update changelist. It's not the end of the world. But it is weird.

LordEntrails
July 23rd, 2020, 07:01
Date code only applies to FGU, I didn't know if you were using FGC or FGU.

Not sure on Uncategorized vs New. Seems strange.

Do you think you issue might be related to this one? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60247-Bug-Reverting-module-gt-Vanishing-groups-until-restart

gorvidal
July 24th, 2020, 01:39
I'm seeing the same since last update, but I'm using the 2ed ruleset, with the only extension loaded is the author one

Moon Wizard
July 24th, 2020, 20:04
Not everyone uses categories and groups; so (New) was a misnomer. It's just the group of all records without a group/category. It's exactly the same thing (blank group/category); just a different label.

Regards,
JPG