PDA

View Full Version : Tokens transfer but don't save.

Lee S.
April 25th, 2007, 21:04
In FG1, I was able to connect to my DM and download any tokens he had in the shared folder. They were then added to my shared folder as files. I liked this because my DM is artsy and made tokens for everything under the sun.

In FG2, now that the crash bug is fixed, I was able to connect and open the token box. Tokens transfered just fine but FG2 did not save copies to my shared or host folders. Is this by design? Are they stored somewhere else temporarily and then wiped after closing the session?

The High Druid
April 25th, 2007, 22:42
It's by design to address the issue of paid-for tokens and rulesets being 'distributed' for free by GM's to players. Just ask him to send you the tokens in a zip file or something similar.

Griogre
April 25th, 2007, 22:49
Not to mention this kills "token Spam". If you play in a few games with serveral other DM's you ended up with a huge amount of tokens being passed around. It was incredably anoying. I had a DM who will remain nameless how had a couple of megs worth of dragon tokens and I ended up passing them them around to all my players in all my games. :p

Necron99
April 26th, 2007, 18:02
I am curious how this works.

Does the server host ALL of the tokens availible to players, or does each player keep his/her own tokens?

If the latter, when everyone connects to a session, are everyone's tokens pooled in the box for all to use?

Goblin-King
April 27th, 2007, 07:22
Only host based tokens can be used. The token spam referred to would occur with version 1 if you used the full version to play in one game, which downloaded all the host's shared tokens, which would then get passed on to all your players when you yourself hosted a game etc.