PDA

View Full Version : Hellfrost map pins?

ProfDogg
July 22nd, 2020, 17:12
Gearing up for a Hellfrost game so I took the Lakelands map from the Atlas and started pinning encounters and such to it. Reopened and now they're gone. I can't get them to stick. Any suggestions?

Screen shot: 37948

Doswelk
July 22nd, 2020, 18:32
You have turned them on in the layers menu?

ProfDogg
July 22nd, 2020, 18:40
You have turned them on in the layers menu?

I didn't know that was a thing... Never had to do that before... When I right-click, I don't see an option for that. How do I do that?

ProfDogg
July 22nd, 2020, 18:43
Here's what I see:

Then: 37956

ProfDogg
July 22nd, 2020, 18:54
Also, I just tried copying the map to work off the copy and it wouldn't let me. I then tried putting it in a different folder I made and it did that but didn't "save" to that folder. It stayed in the same location when I reopened it.

Doswelk
July 22nd, 2020, 20:16
You cannot copy images from modules, they are read-only.

That's probably why it doesn't work... thinking about it, the pins are saved as part of the image xml data, as this is read only, you cannot save the pins.

Trenloe
July 22nd, 2020, 20:37
There's an option in a module to make an image record read-only, or not. If the module specifically sets the image record read-only, then any changes to it (like adding pins) won't be saved from session to session. But if the image record isn't read-only, then things like pins, grids, tokens, drawings, etc. will persist from session to session for that campaign.

ProfDogg
July 22nd, 2020, 20:48
There's an option in a module to make an image record read-only, or not. If the module specifically sets the image record read-only, then any changes to it (like adding pins) won't be saved from session to session. But if the image record isn't read-only, then things like pins, grids, tokens, drawings, etc. will persist from session to session for that campaign.

Can I turn that off? Or is that set by the publisher?

Trenloe
July 22nd, 2020, 20:50
Can I turn that off? Or is that set by the publisher?
It's set in the module itself. Only the original developer can change that. I believe that person may be aware of this thread... ;)

ProfDogg
July 22nd, 2020, 21:35
It's set in the module itself. Only the original developer can change that. I believe that person may be aware of this thread... ;)

In that case...

I look to the skies and clear my throat... <ahem> <hurm> wink-wink-nudge-nudge... May the Spirit of Creation bestow upon his loyal servants the opportunity to avail themselves of the bountiful resources of the geographical imagery of the Hellfrost setting! We call upon thee, oh mathematical one, in our time of dire need! Rogues and adventurers require divine assistance in plotting a course through the Lakelands region...

Doswelk
July 22nd, 2020, 23:19

Except he has no idea how to do it....

Tried and failed, changed <image static="true"> to <image> still read-only