PDA

View Full Version : Los maps are not working.

Tigerstrike
July 22nd, 2020, 10:42
Every module I load, including ones that are confirmed to be completed for Unity. Every map I open does not have any line of sight markings. I can turn on line of sight, under play and enable LOS. I checked that both gm and players can see the map changes. (to make sure its the eye icon with the little player head and body over it). Not a single map has walls doors or any line of sight markings. I have not used unity in many months. So did this change since I last used it? What is going on? I assume its the walls on the layer that's not on, BUT I can not turn it on. Clicking on the walls icon next to visibility and lock does nothing. It just leaves me with the little pop up over my mouse saying something like "enable walls" that's semi permanent.

The pic linked is from the perspective of a token I highlighted. You can tell, line of sight is on, and they can see the entire map. That shouldn't be the case.

Zacchaeus
July 22nd, 2020, 13:00
I suspect that if you haven't used Unity in months that you aren't on the most up to date version. I suggest that you delete the install folder and download and install again. There have been many changes over the last few months including to the installer and it may be that your original install isn't picking up all of the updates since then.

Tigerstrike
July 22nd, 2020, 15:28
Deleted the folder and reinstalled. Same issue occurs.

Neovirtus
July 22nd, 2020, 15:54
Make sure you are looking at the player maps, and not the DM ones. That's the only thing I can think of.

BaneTBC
July 22nd, 2020, 15:56
I've checked the Out of the Abyss module and it has LoS for all of the maps I checked. One thing I note is that the "Grey Ghost Garden Map" is not part of the set, which makes me think that you have added it from somewhere else in which case it most likely does not have LoS setup for it, unless you do this yourself. Maps do not have innate LoS settings on them and needs to be setup by someone at some point. Official content has had community updates done for most of them and has been a fairly big project over months to add these things in for us (Thanks everyone who contributed!!!). One of the maps I checked was the "Grey Alchemist Map".

I'd recommend checking a map that is part of the module itself and if it is not working, put in the details here of what you are doing, what module are you using, is it the player or DM map, what environment are you running FGU in(Windows, Mac, Linux). The more details you can provide the more people can try to help.

Tigerstrike
July 22nd, 2020, 16:08
Make sure you are looking at the player maps, and not the DM ones. That's the only thing I can think of.

I have done that. but thank you.

Tigerstrike
July 22nd, 2020, 16:13
I've checked the Out of the Abyss module and it has LoS for all of the maps I checked. One thing I note is that the "Grey Ghost Garden Map" is not part of the set, which makes me think that you have added it from somewhere else in which case it most likely does not have LoS setup for it, unless you do this yourself. Maps do not have innate LoS settings on them and needs to be setup by someone at some point. Official content has had community updates done for most of them and has been a fairly big project over months to add these things in for us (Thanks everyone who contributed!!!). One of the maps I checked was the "Grey Alchemist Map".

I'd recommend checking a map that is part of the module itself and if it is not working, put in the details here of what you are doing, what module are you using, is it the player or DM map, what environment are you running FGU in(Windows, Mac, Linux). The more details you can provide the more people can try to help.

It is part of the map. Its under the images folder. Under out of the abyss player maps. However thinking you may be right, I checked and loaded a linked map. I believe the first one "Velkynvelve" and still the same problem. No los features at all.

I have went settings and removed my setting and cache. Reinstalled twice. Nothing changes for me. Still same problem. Including maps from DM guide, And other official mods. All player maps.

LordEntrails
July 22nd, 2020, 16:14
Please show us screen shots. The chat window just after starting FGU, then one of the maps when you are in play mode and when you are in LOS edit mode.

Tigerstrike
July 22nd, 2020, 16:17
Please show us screen shots. The chat window just after starting FGU, then one of the maps when you are in play mode and when you are in LOS edit mode.

Just the chat window? Or the log ?

LordEntrails
July 22nd, 2020, 16:23
Chat window or the console.log. Either works.

Tigerstrike
July 22nd, 2020, 16:25
Nothing changes in chat or log when loading a map or on edit mode. But here you go

Tigerstrike
July 23rd, 2020, 07:15
Quick update. It seems to be a module problem. I have tested maps in POTA, TOA, COS, HOTDQ, And TROT all work. They all have walls on by default.

Maps That dont work for me are ones from OOTA, VoloGTM, And DMG. None of them have the walls on, on any of those maps by default. You also cant turn them on. The button literally does nothing when you click walls on.

Zacchaeus
July 23rd, 2020, 10:02
Indeed. I have now checked OotA and although the occluders are done and it was supposedly released a couple of weeks ago it doesn't appear that this actually happened. I've contacted James to see if he can resolve the issue. Note that LoS for the DMG and Volo's Guide have not been done yet.