PDA

View Full Version : My modified FGII d20 ruleset

zambol
April 25th, 2007, 19:56
For anyone interested in rule/ruleset conversions of others, here is my quite heavily modified d20 ruleset.

List of modifications: https://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/zambol/fgmods.htm

Ruleset files: https://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/zambol/d20ZMods.zip (142k)

Ruleset modules: https://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/zambol/modules.zip (800k)

If you like it, feel free to use (OGL)

-Zambol

Cantstanzya
April 26th, 2007, 01:05
Wow, very impressive. It looks like you have been keeping yourself busy waiting for the release. Good job! I look forward to seeing what else you come up with.

Oberoten
April 26th, 2007, 06:52
Very nice with one small nitpick...

When connecting with a client to a server hosting and trying to pick or create a character I get the following error :

[26.04.2007 07:50] Script Error: [string "identityselectionentry:base"]:1: Invalid argument(s) to requestIdentity

zambol
April 26th, 2007, 20:47
Sorry.
I made too few testings.
I try to fix this during weekend.

joshuha
April 26th, 2007, 21:15
That error is most likely because you built the ruleset during the beta and they changed a bunch of the scripts towards the end of the beta. This invaldiated my framework ruleset as well with the above error message.

zambol
April 27th, 2007, 14:54
I converted all xml and lua scripts as close to 2.0.3 versions as possible.

Now it seems to work.

Oberoten
April 27th, 2007, 17:27
Impressive, MOST impressive

Haplo
April 28th, 2007, 07:24
Awesome ruleset, good work! :)

Oberoten
April 28th, 2007, 07:35
Did you unpack it to the same name as the archive? If not it will be looking somewhere else I suppose? Either that or you might have gotten an older version?

Check the base.xml file and see if it points to a catalogue too. And then check if it is in the correct folder.

Haplo
April 28th, 2007, 08:23
I figured it out, didn't unpak my d20 ruleset so didn't know where to get certain things but I figured it out...

Side thing, the initiative and the WILL save aren't calculating properly

Haplo
April 28th, 2007, 08:41
Also the hide skill is wrong (pointing to wisdom) instead of Dex

Haplo
April 28th, 2007, 09:01
Sorry, not to nitpick cause I appreciate the work but some spells are missing as well.. Charm Person, Cause Fear... just started going through the list though so not sure what else..

Are you planning on continuing to update this mod zambol?

joeru
April 28th, 2007, 10:41
Sorry, not to nitpick cause I appreciate the work but some spells are missing as well.. Charm Person, Cause Fear... just started going through the list though so not sure what else..

Are you planning on continuing to update this mod zambol?

They're not missing. Just that they're not Wizard spells anymore, but Psion.

joeru
April 28th, 2007, 10:46
I figured it out, didn't unpak my d20 ruleset so didn't know where to get certain things but I figured it out...

Side thing, the initiative and the WILL save aren't calculating properly

They are calculating properly, just that the calculation method is different than basic 3.5.

Read the House Rules chapter in the d20 Basic Rules module.

zambol
April 28th, 2007, 11:17
As joeru pointed there is a lot of houserules and changes to allmost everything.

First thing you should do when trying this ruleset is either read houserules or check changelog.

If you like ruleset, but not some houserules, you can allways modify it to suit your needs and tastes.

ps. I think hiding or moving unseen doesn't need manual dexterity or agility, but a bit of instincts and common sense as not to walk in someones field of vision.

As to updates to ruleset: there might come something, but don't hold you breath.
What i see as most urgent would be more races/professions/templates and creation of at least modest array of staffs/wands/runes/scrolls. These have been in "planning" stage since january.

zambol
April 28th, 2007, 11:53
Fixed bug in opening minisheets and copied some 2.0.5 code to files.

Zakarius
April 30th, 2007, 14:50
I must seem like a right fool by now (having to ask this question)... but the architecture of FG II seems completely different from FG I. I downloaded the files, popped the modules into the modules folder and the other files into a folder within the ruleset folder and named it d20ZMods.

At boot-up, I got a blank FG II window with the dice... and shortly thereafter a crash. I also tried moving the modules into a 'modules' folder inside the ruleset folder. Same result... where are the files supposed to go?

Zakarius

Oberoten
April 30th, 2007, 16:54
As per the Installation.txt (which I missed too the first time... *cough*)

copy /fonts, /frames, /icons & /tokens from aexamples\rulesets\d20 to /rulesets/d20ZMods/

Zakarius
April 30th, 2007, 16:57
As per the Installation.txt (which I missed too the first time... *cough*)

copy /fonts, /frames, /icons & /tokens from aexamples\rulesets\d20 to /rulesets/d20ZMods/

D'oh! Thanks :D <slaps self>

Zakarius

zambol
May 2nd, 2007, 14:17
I would have liked to include default image files in ruleset, but unfortunately my website hosting (free) has very limited size.

That's why "copy /fonts, /frames, /icons & /tokens from aexamples\rulesets\d20 to /rulesets/d20ZMods/"

BTW if someone wants to help developing this set further pm/post.
What is (most urgently) needed:
-Better installation instructions.
-Typo hunting (and correcting enklish texts)
-Better draggable descriptions to monsters.
-Descriptions to some equipments.
-Few useful random tables. (i made treasure and example tables only)
-something else?

I have tried to avoid copyrighted material, remember that if suggesting something.