PDA

View Full Version : Window Tabs??

Weepdrag
July 21st, 2020, 17:37
When did window tabs get deprecated? I just came back to the program a bit ago and finally noticed that the tab windows are missing. Did I forget to enable something, or are they really gone?

Thank for the input

LordEntrails
July 21st, 2020, 18:23
Tab windows? Not sure what you are talking about. If it's what I think, FG never had tab windows. BUT there is/was an extension that created window tabs. Not sure if it's supported anymore, but check the extension stickies to see if you can find reference to it or check your extensions folder for it.

Zacchaeus
July 21st, 2020, 20:21
Tabs were deprecated years ago - so it must be a while since you fired up FG.

They were replaced with groups. At the top of any list (Items, NPCs, stories etc) you''ll see a drop down. You can add new groups by the usual click the brown button method and give it a name. Then you can create items in that group or drag and drop items from another group into the new one.

Weepdrag
July 21st, 2020, 20:47
Yep, it's been a while. FGU made FG a possibility for me again due to funky internet connections. I guess I got dyslexic, yes, window tabs. I thought that it was one of the best things on FG when it came to organization. the "groups" seem sort of cumbersome.

Thanks for the replies

LordEntrails
July 21st, 2020, 21:19
Tabs were deprecated years ago - so it must be a while since you fired up FG.

They were replaced with groups. At the top of any list (Items, NPCs, stories etc) you''ll see a drop down. You can add new groups by the usual click the brown button method and give it a name. Then you can create items in that group or drag and drop items from another group into the new one.
Oh yea, I remember those :) Good thing you aren't as senile as me!

damned
July 22nd, 2020, 05:07
They were deprecated because the increased number of DLC meant that some tables couldnt access all their content because the tabs couldnt be displayed.

Valyar
July 22nd, 2020, 05:31
I have seen those in old videos in YouTube and screenshots on Internet. I am glad they are gone!