PDA

View Full Version : How to edit a monster in an enncounter parcel

Ibrene
July 21st, 2020, 04:22
Hi all
Is it possible to edit a monster in an encounter parcel?
Here is my dilemma... I have 3 wolves who from the Bestiary come with 12 HP each. I'd like for 2 of them to be really hungry and hurt and down to say, 8 HP before I start the combat. Since I am prepping way in advance, I'd like to make sure that the 2 wolves start with 8 HP. I know I can "crate" a "copy" Wolf by dragging and dropping, but it seems a bit over the top. I definitely kow that when I run the encounter in say 3 months time, I would have forgotten that two of the wolves should only have 8 HP.
Any suggestions or solutions, please let me know.

GavinRuneblade
July 21st, 2020, 05:00
Make two wolf entries, one is ""hungry wolf" the other is "wolf". Copy the wolf, change it's hp, and add two of them to the encounter. See my screenshot:

Trenloe
July 21st, 2020, 07:50
The encounter record contains links to the actual NPC records. They aren't copies local to the encounter. So, as @GavinRuneblade says, you need to make two different NPC records if you want to have different stats applied in the encounter.

Ibrene
July 21st, 2020, 08:48
Okie dokey, artichokie. Thanks fellas for the clarification. Makes sense

Granamere
July 21st, 2020, 12:48
If you want a little more randomness to it go into options, scroll down to house rules and change "CT:NPC hit points" to "Random".