PDA

View Full Version : GM looking for players for Carrion Crown AP new parents welcome.

bkterryjr
July 20th, 2020, 17:22
FG License: i.e. Ultimate Unity
Game System: i.e. Pathfinder first edition

Time Zone: i.e. Central Time
Day of week and time: I'm have a 6 month old, so that largely governs my availability. But any time on Thursday and Sunday. Otherwise it will have to be on any day after 7:30 when she goes down. I'll remain flexible on the definition of the schedule and let the players decide.

If new game, planned start date: After I run a short pfs or module to gauge everyones chemistry.

Planned Duration & Frequency: Limit ourselves to 2 hours weekly or bi-weekly, will extend depending on peoples schedules. I'm a new father, so if there are any parents out there who want a flexible game this would be a great place. Obviously will do everything we can to keep a normal schedule but life happens.

Term: Long term adventure paths are huge.

Text or Voice: Voice only
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded: Nah.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 40:60 I'm a fairly new GM (2 years) I intend on running the adventure path as written. My child will limit my ability to handle vast overarching Home-brew stuff so if that's your type of game this isn't it. That being said I don't intend on rail roading necessarily but just something to keep in mind, I wouldn't consider myself a writer or an actor in the best of times.

Number of Players in game & needed: Need 4... will limit at 5.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level standard gold.
Character restrictions: Don't be crazy. But be creative. Don't metagame don't handicap yourself either. The goal is to inhabit this world in a way that makes sense while also being kind to your GM.

Details of your scenario:
I expect the players to be kind, cooperative people who just want to have fun. I'm not the most experienced GM and I will make mistakes like most people... but just role with it... heh heh. I want to be as true to the game mechanics as I can be, but we won't retroactively change GM rulings. Players are encouraged to role play as much as possible when discussing things in game. You don't have to be an actor or voice actor, just try to embody the situations as they arise. Obviously you can discuss mechanics and non role play stuff outside of character. You're welcome to use physical dice, or software .I will be using physical dice as well as external character sheets. I expect my players to be honest so I reserve the right to revoke this. I don't own enough books to automate the game, so everything will be done how it's meant to be... manually.

A little about the game: The game is very gothic horror, van-helsing here is the summary of the players guide: Tales are told throughout Golarion of shadowy figures that lurk in dark corners—stories recounted at children’s bedsides feature bestial creatures that come out only when the moon is right, and fireside legends speak of otherworldly beings beyond reckoning, whose very existence is more than the human mind can bear to know. These are the legends that explain where the blood of the family cow went, and why clerics spend so much time ensuring the proper Pharasmin rites are observed at gravesites throughout the Inner Sea. One can write them off as simple, scary stories in Absalom or Westcrown, but in Ustalav, everyone knows the truth of the things that go bump in the night.
In the Carrion Crown Adventure Path, the horrors of the night become undeniably real as the PCs undertake a journey that will decide the future of a nation. This guide will aid players in preparing for this campaign by providing background on the nation of Ustalav, from its traumatic history to its superstitious citizens, who struggle to eke out a living while holding back the darkness. Within, players will find suggestions for creating characters of all races and classes in the context of the Carrion Crown Adventure Path. Also included are a variety of unique campaign traits to consider when crafting PCs’ backstories. Finally, an optional hero point system involving the traditional Varisian divination tool known as the harrow deck is introduced.

bkterryjr
July 20th, 2020, 20:48
We have 1 individual roughly 3-4 spots left and they voted for evenings after 7:30ish CST

Jroy
July 20th, 2020, 22:37
Im very interested.

In PST and get home from work at 6pm PST which is 8pm CST.

Does that work for you?

bkterryjr
July 20th, 2020, 22:54
8pm should work PM me.

Lightsfantastic
July 20th, 2020, 23:47
Interested. MDT, so time is 6:30PM or 7PM for me. Only dates I cannot play are Thur, & Sun. 2 hour blocks are fine.

bkterryjr
July 21st, 2020, 00:20
1 more slot left, maxmium 2.

bkterryjr
July 21st, 2020, 00:57
Sticking to 7:30ish CST, it makes sense for folks to be able to comfortably make that time. So there are 2-3 slots still available. My only concern about getting home from work as the session starts is the already limited time we have to play.

bkterryjr
July 23rd, 2020, 13:41
Still could facilitate 1 player, the decided upon time was Fridays at 7:30pm.