PDA

View Full Version : Placing scenery tokens

WinterSoldier7
July 20th, 2020, 13:12
Hello all,

I found in my latest session that adding scenery tokens down to populate a map with various items, furniture and terrain is a bad idea. It looked amazing, but it became very hard to select player and NPC tokens whenever there was an overlap.

And that brings me to my question; is there a way to change the layer of scenery tokens? Or can they be baked into the map somehow as to be unselectable in play?

Possibly I would need to do this before importing the map into FGU somehow... but I liked the idea of changing generic maps with cool objects.

Suggestions?

mattekure
July 20th, 2020, 16:32
My suggestion is to not add them as tokens, but if possible, add the files to the images directory instead. Then drag them as images onto the map which will create layers with the image. then you can place it, and when the PC/NPCs are placed, they wont be able to click on the setting detail.

WinterSoldier7
July 20th, 2020, 16:44
I think I've now moved them over to images, so I can give that a go. That would be a good solution, thanks!

I can also see that my images folder is a jumble...

LordEntrails
July 20th, 2020, 16:49
Note according to a post by Doug or John (I don't remember) that the various scenery token modules in the store are being updated to work as image assets and not tokens, but that will take some time.

WinterSoldier7
July 20th, 2020, 16:58
Cool, ok, thanks for the update!

kevininrussia
July 20th, 2020, 18:19
Note according to a post by Doug or John (I don't remember) that the various scenery token modules in the store are being updated to work as image assets and not tokens, but that will take some time.

Cant the user unzip the module file and copy the token images to the images directory?

mattekure
July 20th, 2020, 18:47
Cant the user unzip the module file and copy the token images to the images directory?

If its in the modules folder, you should be able to. those are not protected. Most of the modules you purchase from Smiteworks or Steam will be located in the vault folder and are encrypted.