PDA

View Full Version : Mood/Emote

symmetrian
April 25th, 2007, 16:34
Mood and Emote commands do not seem to be working in FG2. Everything else is *fantastic*, but this really takes away some of the nifty-tude of the program for me. It could be that the commends have changed, but I don't see that mentioned anywhere.

I guess it could also be that it simply isn't showing up in my chat window, but that would suck anyway.

I'm using /m and /emote (and the help file still has those listed as the proper commands) yet I see no changes and no text comes through.

richvalle
April 25th, 2007, 16:43
It seems to not work as a DM but works if you connect as a client.

Even with a client attached and speaking as an /id it does not work as the DM.

rv

Oberoten
April 25th, 2007, 16:55
The commands work for actual players, not on the GM side though. Both commands seems to have fallen of the face of the earth on the GM-side.

symmetrian
April 25th, 2007, 16:56
It seems to not work as a DM but works if you connect as a client.

Even with a client attached and speaking as an /id it does not work as the DM.

rv

This is bad.

Although I suppose it can still be done as "story" text, I don't like it. I want my NPCs to feel more concrete, and I like having them speak and act just like the players do.

Is this going to stay this way, or will they be changing it?

joshuha
April 25th, 2007, 16:56
I am assuming this is a bug.

richvalle
April 25th, 2007, 16:58
I am assuming this is a bug.

I agree. I'm sure it will be added back.

rv

symmetrian
April 25th, 2007, 17:03
I agree. I'm sure it will be added back.

rv

That would be pure happiness. As it is, I *love* this update. The GM mood/emotes is my only gripe and if that's patched up, BRAVO! :)

richvalle
April 25th, 2007, 17:35
Well, they are on a 1 update a day pace right now. So... maybe by tomorrow.

No pressure or anything Smiteworks!

:)

rv

Casamordius
April 25th, 2007, 18:17
the TAB switch between "chat input buffers" doesn't work either--
this has been a very useful feature in FG1 becaus it allows quick answers while typing a longer chat message.
I think this is a bug also...

another - less important - bug happens if you try to change back to GM with /id GM.. after I've done this the GM was treated as a Identity.. I have no chance to get back to the original GM - "speaker" but restart FG2

symmetrian
April 25th, 2007, 18:22
Heck, I didn't even know about the TAB switch, but now I'm anxious to try it. Nice feature (if they put it back in. :-P)

Goblin-King
April 26th, 2007, 08:47
The tab buffer change was moved to ctrl-up and ctrl-down. I admit this is a bit of a far stretch to figure out :).

The reason for the change was that we wanted to release the tab key for use in other functions. At the moment, you can use tab to complete a character's name (if you have a PC called "He-Who-Walks-With-Long-Names", you can type "He" and hit tab).