PDA

View Full Version : Activating Pathfinder on Fantasy Grounds

Bugaloon
July 20th, 2020, 01:50
Hi there!

My friends and I recently bought the Pathfinder 2e Humble Bundle that's on sale over at hunblebundle (https://www.humblebundle.com/books/pathfinder-second-edition-paizo-inc-books?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layou t_type_twos_tile_index_2_c_pathfindersecondedition paizoinc_bookbundle)today.

A lot of the things in the bundle say that they're compatible with Fantasy Grounds, and since we already use Fantasy Grounds for DnD we figured this would be a great way to give Pathfinder a go. But we're having a lot of trouble figuring out how to actually activate it all over here.

We read some instructions to activate the products over here, and it said to link the Paizo account and then come over here and "purchase" everything through the store and it'll all just get discounted, it took us over an hour to go through the store and the bundle and the Paizo to figure out exactly what was included and what wasn't, and add it all to a cart, but it seemed like it wasn't working properly because the store still wanted to charge us hundreds of dollars just to activate something we already paid for on Fantasy Grounds.

We then went back through both stores and can't figure out why things aren't adding up... the Core Rule Book is $59.99 USD both here and on Paizo, but when we try and activate it in the store here the discount is only $14.99 USD instead of $59.99?

How do we go about actually doing this properly?

LordEntrails
July 20th, 2020, 05:58
A quick look at that Humble Bundle doesn't show me anything that says it includes the FG module/product. Can you link or screen shot something that does?

Normally, when you purchase a Paizo PDF, you get a discount on the FG module equal to the PDF price. You do not get the FG conversion for free. Hence why the syncing and discount etc.

But, not sure about the details of that bundle, so can if you can point out the details a bit more that would help me.

Bugaloon
July 20th, 2020, 06:34
I believe it was a forum post on here or the Paizo forums, I found it via google.

Trenloe
July 20th, 2020, 08:17
Welcome to the FG forums.

You get the value of the Paizo PDFs you own off the cost of the relevant FG conversion. You don’t get that conversion for free. This is described in the page you would have used to sync your purchases: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/syncPaizoAccount.xcp

If there is anything official out there that says otherwise please provide a link so that SmiteWorks can address that. Thanks.

Bugaloon
July 20th, 2020, 09:25
Oh I see it now. I didn't realise they sold physical books, and the Fantasy Grounds modules cost the same as the physical books, not the PDFs from the bundle.

LordEntrails
July 20th, 2020, 16:57
Oh I see it now. I didn't realise they sold physical books, and the Fantasy Grounds modules cost the same as the physical books, not the PDFs from the bundle.
Yes, the FG module costs the same as the physical book, but if you have the Paizo PDF then the FG price is reduced by that amount. So that bundle is still a great deal since you will them get a bunch of discount off the FG books if/when you buy them. But as you noticed, buying them all at once costs a bit. So you can buy the FG ones of just what you need when you need them.

BaneTBC
July 21st, 2020, 15:35
Keep in mind, the prices for them in FG is based on the licensing and the product owners prices. What you might want to do is wait until the next Fantasy Grounds sale where Pathfinder gets discounted and then your Paizo PDF discount should stack with it, that's what I am planning on doing as I also took advantage of the Humble Bundle deal for Pathfinder and the physical copy of the core rules.

LordEntrails
July 21st, 2020, 15:52
If you are waiting for a sale, then sign up for the newsletter, something new on sale every week.