PDA

View Full Version : LFP 5e saturdays

donpaulo
July 19th, 2020, 12:10
5e city campaign is looking for a party member.

First are some of the requirements, the sales pitch and then a few specific words about the campaign.
Be aware that this is going to be a bit of a long post.

FG License This is going to be a FG Classic setting, I have an ultimate license
Game System 5e
Time Zone Day & Time Sessions are every Saturday at 20:00 JST, or 11am UTC, or 7am EDT
Planned Duration & Frequency we play for 3 hours
Term Its a new campaign up to about level 10
Voice We use discord to talk during the session
Roleplay & Combat mix We will be attempting to roleplay so offhand I'd say 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: We have 4 players, so ideally I would like 1 more
Character starting level & equipment: A new campaign so 1st level characters
Character restrictions There are character and class restrictions, the party is of good alignment

Welcome to the mega city of Avalon. Avalon was a kickstarter so I want to give it a shot. The city itself is almost 50 miles across made up of 4 main districts with numerous wards and neighborhoods. There is a port, huge central market, a major underground waterworks, private gardens and slums galore. The party and I are having discussions about some of the details and motivations for the campaign. We are finalizing the ending of our current campaign and have a tentative starting date for Avalon sometime in September unless they get side tracked on their final quest. If you want to join the end of the Margreve campaign I am sure we can find a way to fit you in there as well, but its not necessary.

We are a group of experienced Dms and players who began in the 70s and 80s who like to gather around and have some adventures together. Character death is a possibility so one should prepare for that possibility. A person of some maturity and a friendly nature would be most welcome, but if you are a newer or younger player and want to join us then we are fine with that as well. We are looking for a long term person who shows up for most adventures, wants to participate and have fun together. If you want to be a DM we have quite a lot of experience running games and can help you run an adventure if that suits your fancy. I know I'd enjoy playing some 5e rather than being the DM at some point down the line.

I have a few house rules that have served me well over the years. The most important is that PCs cannot take actions against other PCs unless they have permission to do so. We have little tolerance for personal bullshit which will be clearly pointed out if it occurs. PCs won't be doing any flying, falling perhaps but adding a 3rd dimension to 5e is not something I want to adjudicate. Most every skill roll will be done in the dicetower so expect that as a default. A player may be asked to reroll if the dice are not in the tower. We do not have a strict RAW approach, the game is played for fun and sometimes the best thing to do is to toss the rule overboard. Explicit torture is not allowed. Requests from the DM are to be followed. If adhering to words from the DM is an issue for you than this adventure isn't going to be a good fit. I am also asking every character to choose some flaws from a list we have. Playing imperfect toons can be both fun and rewarding. Experience will be given for roleplaying these flaws.

We have a specific request from a party member whom I've been playing with on FG since 2011 that it is necessary to have strict audio discipline. Background noise is to be muffled whenever possible. I think its a reasonable ask so if noise becomes an issue we will be asking that player to use push to talk exclusively. We humbly ask for your consideration in this endeavor. Currently our games are really smooth and everyone can hear everything. Requests to repeat something happen only rarely, please try to keep up to this standard. It really improves overall gameplay.

On to the restrictions.
Dwarves and Elves are not an option unless you can provide a valid reason for playing one that meshes well within the city of Avalon. The Avalon setting has specific rules as to why these races are not really part of the world, so if you heart is set on playing one than perhaps you might want to look for another campaign. Humans, halflings & halforcs are the best choices, but certainly not the only ones. If you are choosing a “non standard Avalon” race be ready to explain why you wish to play that race and be prepared for some consequences to it.
Classes also have some restrictions. The adventure says that there are no gods in the world. This crimps clerics, paladins, warlocks and the like. I have decided to lift these overly harsh limitations but players who choose these patron or god specific characters will need to understand how they will be treated in the city of Avalon.
So to put it simply a request to play a dwarven cleric will be met with some exasperation on my part after writing such an extensive introduction. An elf wishing to hide in a public place will be made with disadvantage at least. I hope this is clear and avoids any pitfalls later in the campaign.

So if after reading all of that you still have some interest then by all means send me an email or a pm. By far the best way to contact me is via email which is [email protected]. I only log into FG every week or so I ask for your patience if that is your preferred style of contact.

I'd like to know a little about you. Who you are, where you are from, what kinds of gaming experience you have, and anything else you would like to add including that you understand the rather extensive set of requirements I've put forward in this post.

donpaulo
July 20th, 2020, 03:31
update

We've had 3 solid responses so I think it best to retire this post