PDA

View Full Version : Masked map error on players' side

Callum
July 19th, 2020, 10:26
I've edited an image mask outside FG (using GIMP), and then put the edited version back into the maskedimages folder. I've done this before without a hitch (although not for a while), but this time, when I share the mask with a player instance of FG, the window on the players' side is fully grey (ie you can't see the unmasked areas), and the navigation icon at bottom right won't move the map, and then disappears altogether. The association between the image and the mask is fine in the db.xml, and the masked image looks just as it should on the GM's side - and the mask can be edited, etc. I've even replaced the edited image mask with the original, in the maskedimages folder, but the strange behaviour on the players' side persists. Any idea what's causing this, and how I can fix it? Thanks!

Further info: I've stopped sharing the map and deleted the mask from it, then re-shared it, but the players' view of the map is still completely grey and non-navigable.

Trenloe
July 19th, 2020, 12:06
Try clearing the cache on the player side.

Callum
July 19th, 2020, 12:53
Thanks, Trenloe! The cache clearing threw some console errors (about "recursive delete"), but once I restarted FG it had done the trick.