PDA

View Full Version : Automate Assassin Edge

olusek
July 18th, 2020, 18:08
Is there a way to automate this Edge? So when the enemy is vulnerable, +2 DMG is automatically added? And if the opponent has the drop effect instead of +4, +6 damage ist added?

chillhelm
July 19th, 2020, 12:06
I've found a way to achieve this, but it's a bit complicated:

1. Give all attacks of the player with the Assassin edge the keyword Assassin, like so:
2. Change the Description of the Vulnerable and The Drop effects like so:
Vulnerable [@Attack +2]
The Drop [@Attack +4, @Damage +4]
To:
Vulnerable [@Attack +2, @Assassin Damage +2]
The Drop [@Attack +4, @Damage +4, @Assassin Damage +2, Ignore #Vulnerable]
Like so:
Note that I added Ignore #Vulnerable to The Drop as well, so that the Boni of the two Effects don't stack (as per SWADE p.100).

Now if you use an attack with the Assassin keyword against a target that is Vulnerable or subject to The Drop, an additional +2 bonus to damage will be applied.
If the Assassin keyword is not present on the attack, no additional bonus will be granted.

If anyone knows of a way to add keywords to a player, not just individual attacks, that would fully automate this process, I suppose.

Edit: I just realized that Assassins only get a bonus to damage, not on the Attack die. I've corrected the text in my post to reflect this, but the screenshots still (incorrectly) include the Attack Bonus.

olusek
July 20th, 2020, 08:39
Many thanks for the detailed instructions chillhelm. It would actually be super useful if you could add keywords to players.

amerigoV
July 20th, 2020, 13:47
It does seem like this edge should be scripted in some way (I was surprised it was not given all the other things accounted for). I have one player with it the Assassin Edge. My workaround was to have subattacks on the character sheet with the +2 damage.

The scripting above certain catches the times when the player is not paying attention (or us haggered GMs). Do the modified Drop/Vulnerable effects reset if there is an update to the SW ruleset?

Doswelk
July 22nd, 2020, 08:27
Do the modified Drop/Vulnerable effects reset if there is an update to the SW ruleset?

I do not know, but suspect the answer is yes...