PDA

View Full Version : How to Share Maps

Ulton
July 18th, 2020, 15:58
Hello,

My GM has tried to share the maps with his players, but not of us can see them. All with see is a black screen with the Pathfinder logo on it. How can we see the maps, and therefore, place our characters on the map(s).

Thank you.

Zacchaeus
July 18th, 2020, 16:08
Hi Ulton, welcome to FG.

Your DM needs to place your character tokens on the map by dragging them from the Combat Tracker and dropping them on the map.

Ulton
July 18th, 2020, 17:00
Hi,

Thank you for the response. He tried to do that, but nothing happened. I will get with him and try again. Thank you.

Zacchaeus
July 18th, 2020, 17:42
Once on the map the players need to click on their tokens to see the LoS.

ShalyShay
August 1st, 2020, 18:19
I think they are having the same issue I am. The player maps aren't working at all. Just a big blank tab. DM maps work fine, but they have a bit more information than we want to share. We FoW the map, but nothing shows when we open parts. Completely removing the fog has the same effect. Just a big blank.

LordEntrails
August 1st, 2020, 19:02
I think they are having the same issue I am. The player maps aren't working at all. Just a big blank tab. DM maps work fine, but they have a bit more information than we want to share. We FoW the map, but nothing shows when we open parts. Completely removing the fog has the same effect. Just a big blank.
Welcome to the forums.

Are the players using them correctly? Are the player tokens added to the map from the CT? Is LOS enabled? Have the players activated/selected their token on the map? Have you toggled Party Vision? A few screen shots of both the GM and Player view would help us help you :)

Greycross
December 9th, 2020, 18:24
Why do I need to go through all that? Why can't I just share the map with my players?

Zacchaeus
December 9th, 2020, 19:01
You can just share the map with your players. You always have to place the tokens on the map from the Combat Tracker and you can do that before or after you share the map. In order to see LoS it obviously has to be switched on and the map must also have LoS occluders on it of course. Once you place tokens on the map then the LoS should function normally. Players click their token and moved them araound. If you have token lock on then you will need to approve the players move.

If you are using an official adventure then in most cases the LoS data will already be on the maps and by default LoS will be on. Note there are usually two versions of each map a players version - which you share with the players and which has a grid and LoS on it. And a DM map which is only for the DM and should not be shared, does not have a grid and does not have LoS. In an official adventure all you need to do is selecet the map, share it and then place the tokens on the map from the CT and everything should work normally.