PDA

View Full Version : MGT2e Hit Location

rcruk
July 17th, 2020, 22:51
We've been using https://www.cyborgprime.com/sci-fi-rpg-blog/traveller-rpg-hit-location-generator successfully to determine if partially armoured targets are protected by armour when hit (and for narrative effect). Is there an easy way to turn of armour for a single damage roll to an unprotected location? Better still, is there perhaps a hit location module which can integrate with the system? Thanks!

edit

I realise it will be quite easy to make a table which will act as a random location generator. Now just need to figure out how to switch on and off the protection of the armour if damage is taken to an un-protected location. So much to learn!

MadBeardMan
July 18th, 2020, 01:48
In the Traveller Companion there's a Hit Location table, I'll be adding that as an option - but it requires me to adjust data, ie armour to also state which areas it covers. I want to use it for my own game so I may develop it soonish, but Traveller Companion is a few months off, gotta get High Guard up and running first.

Cheers,
MBM

rcruk
July 18th, 2020, 17:44
Exactly what I'm looking for MBM! I've made a table for hit locations in the meanwhile and just need to think about how to go about subtracting protection if the damage is to an unprotected area.

R.

MadBeardMan
July 19th, 2020, 02:06
Exactly what I'm looking for MBM! I've made a table for hit locations in the meanwhile and just need to think about how to go about subtracting protection if the damage is to an unprotected area.

R.

Cool. I shall add this to my ToDo list. I'll add the 'data field' to the Armour in the near future and look at adding the code for Hit Location, though it'll be Traveller Companion module linked as it'll be based on that Chapter.

Cheers,
MBM