PDA

View Full Version : Why no ruleset editor?

biomage
April 25th, 2007, 03:29
I like FGII but it would be nice to be able to create and modify my own rulesets. However, I am no programer and don't have time to learn. I like things nice and easy. I don't eat crab because I am too lazy to take off the shell. Heck, if I had to pluck the chicken, I wouldn't eat it either.

Anyway, why doesn't Smiteworks add a ruleset editor? Is there a legal problem? A programing problem? Any ideas?

Cantstanzya
April 25th, 2007, 04:02
Anyway, why doesn't Smiteworks add a ruleset editor? Is there a legal problem? A programing problem? Any ideas?This would be a major undertaking on their part. It sounds easy to "wrap a GUI" around it, but it would take a lot of programming time. It may be in the plans some day, but right now they are concentrating on the release of FG2, then the documentation, and then most likely more enhancements to the software. If you search the forums you'll find that several companies/individuals have been working on this but with everything changing in FG2 to the structure of the rulesets it has caused delays to say the least.

Doswelk
April 25th, 2007, 19:02
Just wait for Ruleforge to be done.....

Some info about it can be found in The Workshop (in fact the editor for FG 1.05 is now be given away for free!)

DrDeth
April 25th, 2007, 22:13
This would be a major undertaking on their part. It sounds easy to "wrap a GUI" around it, but it would take a lot of programming time.

We (Wrath Inc.) are working on it! :)

The guys at SmiteWorks seem to have their hands full - my attempts to discuss legalities with them, while not going unanswered, have been slow at best. Who knows, maybe when our editor is available they will take notice - hopefully with kudos and not a hefty lawsuit. ;)

symmetrian
April 25th, 2007, 23:40
We (Wrath Inc.) are working on it! :)

The guys at SmiteWorks seem to have their hands full - my attempts to discuss legalities with them, while not going unanswered, have been slow at best. Who knows, maybe when our editor is available they will take notice - hopefully with kudos and not a hefty lawsuit. ;)

Would it be wrong to say, "I love you?"