PDA

View Full Version : Saved Chat log question

RobP
July 16th, 2020, 23:13
Hi Folks,

Having a blast running a D&D 5e campaign in Unity and I'm up to my third session.

I have noticed the chatlog.html file in the campaign folder and think it's a really great feature in that you can see the story of your campaign unfold.

Is the data that's there stored permanently? Or is it overwritten as the campaign progresses?

I'm asking, because I really like what's there and ideally want to preserve it so I can have a historical record as to how a campaign ran! :)

Thanks
RobP

Zacchaeus
July 16th, 2020, 23:25
It gets added to as the campaign progresses.

RobP
July 16th, 2020, 23:27
Excellent! Thanks! It's such a great feature! It will be great to reminisce over older campaigns :)

Lazybones1969
July 17th, 2020, 01:24
That's very convenient. I remember always having to archive my Neverwinter Nights chat logs after every session.

seycyrus
July 17th, 2020, 02:32
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned it yet, but there is a helpful utility, (Chatlog Scrubber), that seems to still work. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?8133-Chat-Log-Scrubber-released

I don't use it very often, but when I do, I just find it where I last installed it ages ago, and run it. It seems to work for the ruleset I use (Gurps).

I also break up the chatlogs into separate files for easier access.

RobP
July 17th, 2020, 06:34
Thank you Seycyrus - that utility is superb! I was thinking of writing my own, but this is excellent! Thanks for the pointer! (Downloads...)