PDA

View Full Version : Error with Eladrin Ability Score Increase

Cybra
July 16th, 2020, 21:20
I don't know if this is a Unity thing or if the Dungeon Master's Guide module is a little bit wonky, but the Eladrin subrace for Elves in the actual DMG says they get a +1 to Charisma. The FG module has it as a +1 to Intelligence.

Again, I don't know if this is in the module itself or if something happened with the Unity version, but it seems more likely to be in the module which is why I put it here.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Moon Wizard
July 16th, 2020, 21:25
Are you seeing this in the Character Wizard, or via the drag and drop, or just in the race description?

Thanks,
JPG

Zacchaeus
July 16th, 2020, 22:06
I don't know if this is a Unity thing or if the Dungeon Master's Guide module is a little bit wonky, but the Eladrin subrace for Elves in the actual DMG says they get a +1 to Charisma. The FG module has it as a +1 to Intelligence.

Again, I don't know if this is in the module itself or if something happened with the Unity version, but it seems more likely to be in the module which is why I put it here.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Depends where you are looking.

As originally in the DMG the Eladrin subrace gets a +1 to Intelligence. However when they revised the Eladrin in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes this changed to a +1 in Charisma. So if you are dragging in (or using) the Eladrin subrace then you are getting the Mordenkainen version. If you are using the Eladrin (DMG) version you are getting the DMG version. I edited the name of the DMG version since it was causing issues (and it would seem that it still is).

Cybra
July 16th, 2020, 23:52
Depends where you are looking.

As originally in the DMG the Eladrin subrace gets a +1 to Intelligence. However when they revised the Eladrin in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes this changed to a +1 in Charisma. So if you are dragging in (or using) the Eladrin subrace then you are getting the Mordenkainen version. If you are using the Eladrin (DMG) version you are getting the DMG version. I edited the name of the DMG version since it was causing issues (and it would seem that it still is).

Yeah, I was looking at the wrong one. OTL Sorry for the dumb post!

GavinRuneblade
July 17th, 2020, 00:55
Yeah, I was looking at the wrong one. OTL Sorry for the dumb post!

It's not a dumb post, it is a valid question. Never worry about asking a question, we're here to help!

Another place where this shows up (and confuses people) is the warforged. The Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron and Rising From the Last War have two different Warforged races. D&D Beyond eliminated the Wayfinder's version but Fantasy Grounds has both, each in their own book.