PDA

View Full Version : How can I group minion attacks and damage?

ZingoZed
July 16th, 2020, 20:32
I'm playing a necromancer who has a squad of skeleton minions and I would like to be able to select them as groups to shoot.
So, right now, I grab their attack and drag it onto the target, but I have to do this one at a time, and then damage is another click and drag.
Can I set it up so that if two, three, or four attack the same target the tracker can apply them all with one click/drag?

Zacchaeus
July 16th, 2020, 20:38
HI ZingoZed, welcome to FG.

No, you can't. You might be able to do some arithmetic and work out a probability of hitting at least once with your four minions and then just have one but with a higher attack and damage value. But otherwise each attack and damage roll would need to be done separately.

ZingoZed
July 16th, 2020, 21:20
Ok. Thanks for the response!

GavinRuneblade
July 17th, 2020, 00:49
I'm playing a necromancer who has a squad of skeleton minions and I would like to be able to select them as groups to shoot.
So, right now, I grab their attack and drag it onto the target, but I have to do this one at a time, and then damage is another click and drag.
Can I set it up so that if two, three, or four attack the same target the tracker can apply them all with one click/drag?

What I do for large groups is to use the optional rule from the DMG for handling mobs (page 250 of the book or in the Combat section of the Reference Guide in FG). You figure out the minimum number the minions need to hit (say they have a +4 and your PC has an 18 AC, then they hit on a 14+). Then you look at the Mob Attacks Table, and in my example for every 4 skeletons one hits. Don't waste time rolling to hit, just go straight to damage.