PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful New Features!

Lee S.
April 25th, 2007, 02:12
Okay, I keep stumbling across great new features and some old ones I didn't know about. I invite you all to list things you find as well.

Copy/Paste support into AND out of FG2!
Individually Resizable tokens (Combat Tracker)
Ability to easily mark a token as friendly, neutral, or hostile (Combat Tracker)
Ability to run multiple characters from one screen.
individual dice color for each character you run.
Drag and drop damage rolls from character/npc sheets.
Expandable Skill Lists
Resizable map windows
Update Patcher w/ New Update Notification
Versatile Spells page...with preparation or spontaneous use bubbles (Note: I was able to use preparation bubbles to support psionics)

longarms
April 25th, 2007, 02:28
"Copy/Paste support into AND out of FG2!"

This is huge!

Cantstanzya
April 25th, 2007, 04:06
individual dice color for each character you run.
Cool, I didn't know it could do that. It keeps getting better.

Hanu
April 26th, 2007, 09:44
"Copy/Paste support into AND out of FG2!"

This is huge!

Hmm, I've been able to do this in FG1 too?

Cantstanzya
April 26th, 2007, 11:44
Hmm, I've been able to do this in FG1 too?In the story editor you could paste into it. Now you can copy and paste into and out of the chatbox, where you couldn't do this in FG1.

Hanu
April 26th, 2007, 13:59
In the story editor you could paste into it. Now you can copy and paste into and out of the chatbox, where you couldn't do this in FG1.

Ahhh! Thanks for the clarification!

For me, the best feature is "Ability to run multiple characters from one screen." As I've been planning to use FG as a "base" for our pen-and-paper games played physically in the same space. Like this:

1 Laptop for GM, 1 Laptop for players. Players's screen is projected into silver screen. GM uses his laptop to as a book of reference and reveals maps and images as needed to be projected for all to see. Dice are rolled via FG or manually. Combat tracking, combat positioning, logging is done via FG too.

-I only need to convert my WFRP -rules for FGII which seems to be a HUGE task... :(

AndyPan
April 26th, 2007, 14:08
I personally am loving the scalable tokens. That was a huge flaw with FG1, not having the tokens able to be individually scaled. Having to make multiple copies of the same token just to have different sizes was a huge pain in the butt, and talk about clutter! Now can make everything the exact same size, can size them as needed, and no clutter! How does it get any better than that?!

Loving the new combat tracker. It's got a lot of the same features as the original one, but for some reason, it just seems more user friendly. Especially like the fact that it tracks the rounds, which was somethng that always caused me no end of grief before.

thefladhouse
June 25th, 2007, 20:46
I just recently purchased FG2. I read through the threads, and people say running multiple characters from one screen is possible, but I can't find any information about how to do so. Any help? Is this a difference between full and lite version?

Griogre
June 25th, 2007, 21:08
There is no difference between the lite and full versions. When you connect as a player you have a list of characters to select from that are tied to your login name. If there is just one character tied to that name you will see just one character. The DM can clear ownership to a character so anywone can use it.

Just click to select one, then click again to select another one. Once you have more than one character you can switch back and forth between which one is talking by right clicking on the character portrait in the top left - the menu options says something like "Make active character."