PDA

View Full Version : Monster Manuals

DMDaddy0
April 25th, 2007, 01:52
Sorry if this is a re-post, but are there any future plans and/or pre-existing software that include monsters from MMII, III, IV, and the Fiend Folio? I'm programming-illiterate, otherwise I'm sure I could do it myself.

biomage
April 25th, 2007, 03:32
I can't speak for WOTC or Smiteworks. But, I don't think that will ever happen. WOTC is taking outside licenses away from everyone.

Thore_Ironrock
April 25th, 2007, 04:14
Sorry if this is a re-post, but are there any future plans and/or pre-existing software that include monsters from MMII, III, IV, and the Fiend Folio? I'm programming-illiterate, otherwise I'm sure I could do it myself.

With WOTC developing their own online gaming software, the chances of this happening are both slim and none. Sorry, but as of right now FG is a direct competitor with WOTC and whatever they devise for online gaming.

On the other hand, Digital Adventure will be doing monster book conversions from other d20 publishers, and original d20 monster books later this year. Watch for future announcements.

DrDeth
April 25th, 2007, 08:57
This goes back to the whole legal argument again. You can only legally redistribute open gaming content (I think?). AFAIK, none of the Monster Manuals are declared as such.

Thore_Ironrock
April 25th, 2007, 11:53
This goes back to the whole legal argument again. You can only legally redistribute open gaming content (I think?). AFAIK, none of the Monster Manuals are declared as such.

That is correct. Refer to the Open Gaming License. Here is one link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Gaming_License

Dachannien
April 25th, 2007, 13:47
Most of MM1 is covered under OGL, but not all of it. Beholders and a few other things aren't covered, and almost all of the open content is included with FG already anyway.

Thore_Ironrock
April 25th, 2007, 23:49
Most of MM1 is covered under OGL, but not all of it. Beholders and a few other things aren't covered, and almost all of the open content is included with FG already anyway.

We will have the Complete SRD converted to FGv2 shortly, and that will have all of the OGL information in it.

:)

PeSt
April 26th, 2007, 06:50
We will have the Complete SRD converted to FGv2 shortly, and that will have all of the OGL information in it.

:)

Groovy ! Can't wait. In fact, our group downloaded FG2 last night, and really miss the SRD information. Please make a big splash of it, so we notice when you release it. Any further details on how long "shortly" is, would of course be greatly appreciated... :D

Thore_Ironrock
April 26th, 2007, 11:49
Refer to my mosting on our conversions here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5907&highlight=2007

As for how long "shortly" is ... well, when we can get it done. :) The good news is the CSRD is at the top of our list. Hopefully within the next 1-2 months.