PDA

View Full Version : ETA for FG2 demo?

Archmage
April 25th, 2007, 01:01
Is there an ETA for the FG2 demo yet? I have some friends who I'd like to get into a game, but they won't pay $20 up front for something they haven't tried. Which is completely understandable.

Haplo
April 25th, 2007, 01:41
If you enjoy playing DnD, buy it... trust me ;)

Jozan
April 25th, 2007, 01:57
It's absolutely the best program for playing D&D and every other P&P RPG. Buy it, you will not regret it.:)

Griogre
April 25th, 2007, 03:09
*shrug* For demo purposes they can use the FG1 Demo. While there are lots of new features, for the player - most center around an improved character sheet, and dice cups. They still should be able to get a good sense of what FG is about from the demo and you can tell them the new release has better character sheets and die rolling and is more pretty. ;)

Sigurd
April 25th, 2007, 03:49
Gonna sound greedy but you don't want the demo till after they've sorted out the elements of the new version. You know Smiteworks doesn't want to share unfixed problems or have more than one revision of the demo. If they can help it.

I'd wait at least a week (maybe 3) before that sort of question.

s

Archmage
April 25th, 2007, 05:00
Uh huh...

Well, often times a demo comes out before a commercial release, or not long after it. Which is why I was simply asking for an ETA. That's something Smiteworks should have by now. It really shouldn't be a big issue to make a working demo of a product that is good enough to sell. Unless of course that product has major flaws in it, in which case, that's not a good argument for purchasing it.

richvalle
April 25th, 2007, 14:53
No major flaws (yet) but some minor ones. There have been 2 or 3 updates already and I'm sure more as small things come up.

I agree with Sigurd... it will be a few weeks at least before they deem the software 'good enough' to make a 1 time demo of it.

And I don't fault them from doing it this way. They had some issues with the Demo of FG1 where it became out of date as features were added to FG but not the demo.

Messing with the FG1 demo will give your group a good idea of what the software is about. It only gets better with the full versions. :)

rv

drkknight32
April 25th, 2007, 15:55
Uh huh...

Well, often times a demo comes out before a commercial release, or not long after it. Which is why I was simply asking for an ETA. That's something Smiteworks should have by now. It really shouldn't be a big issue to make a working demo of a product that is good enough to sell. Unless of course that product has major flaws in it, in which case, that's not a good argument for purchasing it.

Well actually...most demos come out after a commercial release for applications. Even for big companies like Adobe. They came out with CS3 a couple weeks ago and alot of the products in the suite still don't have demos out for them. Making a demo means writing extra programming so that the Demo acts like...well a demo.

CC3 also doesen't have a demo yet and if it does....well it still came out a while after the program was released.