PDA

View Full Version : Need help

StevenShelby
July 15th, 2020, 09:28
I'm trying to write up a new campaign for my d&d group, but i get so far in to putting the story and npc items, the works basically. export and save the campaign, go back to it a day later to put in more info and all is good, put in another chunk of story a few more items and npc's, export "sucssesfully" but when i go back to it a 3rd time, all the data input after the original export is lost. what am i doing wrong?

Zacchaeus
July 15th, 2020, 09:52
Hi Steven, welcome to FG.

First are you doing all your additions in the same campaign and secondly are you checking the contents of the module in another campaign (that is not the one you are creating in)?

Also you aren't using any kind of synced cloud back up are you? And you do have at least a Standard license? And Unity or Classic? Did you accept the default locations when you installed FG?

Granamere
July 15th, 2020, 23:11
What is your work flow? Are you always using the same computer? Are you saving the files to the local drive or to a USB drive or memory stick? When you export are you using the same file name? If you are try doing save1, save2, etc.

If you are working on the same computer you should not need to import the export to keep working on the same campaign. Just open it up and add more to it.