PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player Weeknight/Sat Night GMT-5 Prefer Pathfinder 1e, Open to 3.5e, 4e, and 5e

Tethys
July 15th, 2020, 08:06
Greetings, and thank you for taking the time to read my post. I am currently looking for a group to join, and am available most days of the week after about 5 pm, Friday, and maybe Monday and Saturday being possible exceptions. I would prefer a weekly game, although I would settle for bi-weekly if nothing else was available. I have a standard license, and would prefer a long term game. I wouldn't mind doing a one-shot from time to time, though. I have Discord, although I'm not entirely sure I could do well with voice chat. Asides from being unfamiliar with using voice chat in general, I am a very quiet person and not the most eloquent speaker.

I have been playing D&D or something similar on and off since I was about twelve (2002 for those curious), so I have a decent amount of experience with tabletop roleplaying games. I would prefer playing Pathfinder 1st Edition, although I'd be open to D&D 3.5 Edition, 4th Edition, and 5th Edition, in mostly that order. I'm very familiar with Pathfinder, as I have been playing semi-frequently for the past six or seven years. I'm also very familiar with 5th edition, as well as 4th, and familiar enough with 3.5. I'm a complete novice when it comes to Fantasy Grounds, so if I haven't already taught myself I'll probably need help understanding it properly.

At the moment I'm looking to play primarily a Magus, or some system equivalent of, such as a Duskblade, Swordmage, or Eldritch Knight/Wizard multiclass. I do have other characters/builds/etc, but have never been able to play the current one to the end of a campaign (preferably a long one) usually due to the game fizzling out three or four sessions in. Might sound a bit cliche, but I'm really not interested in playing Murderhobo the XXXVIII, and would much prefer heroic style campaigns. I don't might dark, gritty, or grim, but I most enjoy playing good aligned characters.

I am open to roleplay heavy games, but I don't have much experience with it due to usually getting stuck with or in a group of murderhobos. I also like combat quite a bit, so a balance of combat and roleplay would be appreciated. I don't mind out of character joking, as long as it doesn't detract from the game. While I get some might prefer to do everything in character, I don't think that's entirely feasible sometimes. Another thing I am big on is keeping it 'professional', IE not taking it personally if PVP happens although I'd honestly prefer it not happen. I would not like to see a party fall apart due to things being taken too personally. If PVP is allowed and agreed upon, my thought on the matter is keep it strictly in the game.

I might ask about 3rd party stuff, although I will respect the DM's decision on whether it's allowed or not. One final note for the time being, I mainly prefer high fantasy style games.

Thank you again for taking the time to read my post.