PDA

View Full Version : BRP Themes

ColinBuckler
July 14th, 2020, 22:39
I can not say I really like the BRP Theme.

Are there any other BRP Theme's that I could download and try?

If not - does any one have a template I could look at and try to create an alternative.

The default one I find very hard to use. Some examples are:

- On the Character Sheet/Main - The white title text contrasts with the blue/green background + feint black writing for Brawl/Grapple. The feint black writing on the skill stab.

- NPC tab text is hard to read. The formatting of the text in some of the tabs fails to wrap correctly when the box is shrunk - leading tab/spaces.

The marble effect dark background as well as the marble red Combat Tracker is not a great mix.

Then clicking on assets you get a wood effect which makes it quite hard to see some of the tokens.

I am not colour blind but I would expect people who are would really struggle.

superteddy57
July 15th, 2020, 04:50
Sorry, it was the theme that went with the original code base and was focused more on the upgrade than the aesthetics. Unfortunately this is the only theme I was able to find. I did some changes for Mutants and Masterminds, but that was just toning down the hyper bright colors. May need to make your own or wait till another user creates a new theme.

peterb
July 15th, 2020, 08:13
Hi,

I modified the Wooden theme for CoreRPG so that it also can be loaded by the BRP ruleset. I've not done any changes to the theme. I named it "Theme_Woodv2" to keep it apart from the theme that ships with Fantasygrounds.

@superteddy57: maybe you could update the CoreRPG themes so that they can also be loaded by the BRP ruleset and get distributed with the next FG update?

File: 37715

ColinBuckler
July 16th, 2020, 16:36
Hi,

I modified the Wooden theme for CoreRPG so that it also can be loaded by the BRP ruleset. I've not done any changes to the theme. I named it "Theme_Woodv2" to keep it apart from the theme that ships with Fantasygrounds.

@superteddy57: maybe you could update the CoreRPG themes so that they can also be loaded by the BRP ruleset and get distributed with the next FG update?

File: 37715

Many thanks for this - this is soo much better/easier on the eyes.

Moon Wizard
July 16th, 2020, 18:30
Superteddy57 and I have modified the general themes that come with FG to work with both BRP and M&M now that they are layered on CoreRPG too. (i.e. Wood, Dungeon, Simple Gray, Simple Brown) They are currently in the FGC Test channel, and FGU Live channel.

Regards,
JPG

ColinBuckler
July 16th, 2020, 23:14
This is fantastic - many thanks for this.

Such a quick turn around.

esmdev
July 21st, 2020, 20:01
The updated Simple Brown and Simple Grey themes look great! Thanks so much. :)

superteddy57
July 21st, 2020, 20:43
My pleasure!