PDA

View Full Version : Tokens/Combat Tracker/Map

Sir Bayard
April 24th, 2007, 22:04
Okay, so I've been searchign and searching, and I'm probably jsut not seeing it or being really stupid today and can't figure it out.

I have my FGII setup, GM and Player side to play around with tokens on the maps with the new grid interface from both perspectives. Awesomely goodness, BTW. Love it. My problem is, as soon as I put the player character's token in the Combat Tracker )or make the token from the combat tracker, or anyting that involves that token in the combat tracker), I can't move the token as a player. No waypoints, no moving, tokens locked or unlocked. All I can do is rotate it, and if unlocked, delete it. If it's a token NOT in the combat tracker, I can use the waypoints when tokens are locked, move it around all I want, etc etc.

I can still move the tokens around all I want on the GM side, see the reach, etc. Just, as a player, all I can do is "target" tokens, no movement.

What am I missing? lol

darkivel
April 24th, 2007, 22:07
We ran into this problem when I had dragged the player token into the blank line that shows up by default on the combat tracker. If you drag the player over and it creates a new line, that seemed to fix it.

Sir Bayard
April 24th, 2007, 22:16
Thank you so much! I guess it was registering the player as an NPC character by doing it the other one, rather than as a character character. Now I see how it links the character sheets HP and all the super cool stuff. I didn't know that justr dropping it in would auto create a new line, as I was manually creating new lines everytime and add the characters that way.

Thanks again!