PDA

View Full Version : Spaceships in Traveller

sbarnard3
July 13th, 2020, 21:24
Am I missing something? I don't see anyway to add spaceships to the party sheet or to someones inventory. Any insight would be great.

LordEntrails
July 13th, 2020, 22:20
MOD: Moved to Traveller forum, so the folks who know the answer will see your question.

MadBeardMan
July 14th, 2020, 10:08
Am I missing something? I don't see anyway to add spaceships to the party sheet or to someones inventory. Any insight would be great.

Good Morning,

Spacecrafts are coming to MGT2E Traveller. I've completed the Mongoose High Guard (Book 3) and now working on Spacecrafts for players/Combat Tracker.

There's a thread here, with a bit of detail on the plans.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57357-PC-Spacecraft-Sheet

I'm following the method used for Starfinder. The Spacecraft bits will be extensions whilst they're being worked on, once everything is happy I'll merge them into the main ruleset.

Watch this space.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
July 22nd, 2020, 13:07
Good news, guys. Yesterday I got Highguard in FG for testing.
I will try and be quick about it (while still being thorough), so that it can be released to you, soon!

Have a good day, folks!

LordNanoc
July 29th, 2020, 18:47
What a huge mass of data! I am through with it and my list of findings is with MBM. Nothing grave, just niggles mostly.
I think, I gift myself a beer tonight and will toast to MBM who did a great job with this!
Phew!

So now Highguard is one step closer to you!
Have fun!
Nanoc

MadBeardMan
July 29th, 2020, 18:50
What a huge mass of data! I am through with it and my list of findings is with MBM. Nothing grave, just niggles mostly.
I think, I gift myself a beer tonight and will toast to MBM who did a great job with this!
Phew!

So now Highguard is one step closer to you!
Have fun!
Nanoc

Hi Nanoc,

Yes a grand job, most are very minor, but thanks for finding things even as small as 'this should be in italics' that shows how deep the checking went.

I'll do the updates over the weekend, finish up 1.1.4 and then focus on Spaceship CT.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
July 29th, 2020, 18:58
Spaceship CT *hmmmmm* (please picture Homer Simpson drooling)

adzling
July 30th, 2020, 16:52
awesome work guys i can't wait to get it.

our Traveller campaign is just starting...

Sylvesr
August 12th, 2020, 03:32
Travellers,
I am building a home brew (I only recently bought the FG License) and am at the point where I need to add the spaceship for the players. I wracked my brain trying but I couldn't find a way to add the ships. Reading this thread it seems that presently there IS NOT a way to add a ship to the player's list of goods (parcel?) for them to interact with... Is this correct? If so it seems that the ruleset I bought is incomplete? Does this also mean there are no mechanics for ship to ship combat too?

esmdev
August 12th, 2020, 03:50
Travellers,
I am building a home brew (I only recently bought the FG License) and am at the point where I need to add the spaceship for the players. I wracked my brain trying but I couldn't find a way to add the ships. Reading this thread it seems that presently there IS NOT a way to add a ship to the player's list of goods (parcel?) for them to interact with... Is this correct? If so it seems that the ruleset I bought is incomplete? Does this also mean there are no mechanics for ship to ship combat too?

You can add the statistical information for starships but the players can't really do anything with them at the moment. Most actual ship related stuff (starship construction and such) was in High Guard so most starship stuff was planned for the update that would support High Guard. Fortunately High Guard is currently in testing and starship combat (last I heard) is going to be an extension for testing before it is incorporated into the ruleset.

Central Supply Catalog and unexpected life events slowed things down a bit but the releases have been coming much faster.

For ship cargo and passengers and such my players usually just designate a player to be the ships Purser and depending on their skill level they either keep track of stuff using notes or an online spreadsheet. For combat we just go old school and theater of the mind it. My games mostly take place on the ground though so ship combats are rare.