PDA

View Full Version : How do I add a permanent +1 to a characters saves

moviecaveman
July 13th, 2020, 18:35
THe character has a cloak of protection and I've manually added the adjustment to his armor class. I saw a few way way older posts that mentioned adding a permanent effect to the character but I don't quite know how to do that. Any tips?

Moon Wizard
July 13th, 2020, 18:41
You can use Control key plus mouse wheel on the save field to adjust the saves permanently with a modifier.

You can also do with an effect "SAVE: 2" or "SAVE: 1 constitution". But, I usually prefer the first method, so I don't have to track effects.

Regards,
JPG

moviecaveman
July 13th, 2020, 18:47
Oh sweet! that did it. Thanks!

celestian
July 13th, 2020, 19:08
Oh sweet! that did it. Thanks!

Use Advanced Effects (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40833-5E-Advanced-Effects-(items-npcs-characters)), add it to the item and only when it's equipped they'll have the bonus.

That's assuming you're using 5e (or 2e, but the feature is built into that ruleset so the extension is not required).
B

kevininrussia
July 13th, 2020, 20:38
Use Advanced Effects (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40833-5E-Advanced-Effects-(items-npcs-characters)), add it to the item and only when it's equipped they'll have the bonus.

That's assuming you're using 5e (or 2e, but the feature is built into that ruleset so the extension is not required).
B

and 4E? :-D

Indus101
July 23rd, 2020, 06:56
THe character has a cloak of protection and I've manually added the adjustment to his armor class. I saw a few way way older posts that mentioned adding a permanent effect to the character but I don't quite know how to do that. Any tips?

Do you have to manually add in the bonuses on items like cloaks of protection and rings of protection? FGU doesn't automatically add them like it does armor?

LordEntrails
July 23rd, 2020, 06:57
Do you have to manually add in the bonuses on items like cloaks of protection and rings of protection? FGU doesn't automatically add them like it does armor?
Yes. armor adds to AC. Weapons to attack data. Nothing else (that I can think of) is applied automatically.