PDA

View Full Version : PDF to Module converter

Mysteria_Sdrassa
July 12th, 2020, 15:46
Hey folks... after all the free stuff that was offered due to the corona play at home giveaway AND the recent big sale, Ive got a ton of adventures in PDF form... is there a way to easily convert them to module format in FG? My main concern is the sheer bulk of text in them

Zacchaeus
July 12th, 2020, 16:19
Copy/Paste is your only option - but don't copy directly into FG - use something like Notepad++ so you can clean up the text before pasting that into FG..

You may not need everything in your module though. generally you can just read the pdf but you'll want the maps, maybe images and the monsters/encounters and treasure parcels actually in Fantasy Grounds. So if you just concentrate on getting what you actually need to run the game into FG then the rest can be left out.

Mysteria_Sdrassa
July 12th, 2020, 16:32
Ok, thanks... i was hoping there was some kind of parser to do the text work but the copy/paste thing will work.... i know this is probly wierd sounding, but i have a real problem using pdf versions and flipping between them and FG so i want to stick as much in FG as i can :)

Zacchaeus
July 12th, 2020, 17:43
Ok, thanks... i was hoping there was some kind of parser to do the text work but the copy/paste thing will work.... i know this is probly wierd sounding, but i have a real problem using pdf versions and flipping between them and FG so i want to stick as much in FG as i can :)

I can understand that completely; I'd want it all in FG as well.