PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Create A Module Converting An Existing Module to SWADE?

Flynn
July 11th, 2020, 19:23
Good Afternoon, All:

Although I am asking this question specifically for East Texas University, I'm sure there are other modules that were originally developed for SWD or SWE that need minor conversion efforts to SWADE. In the case of ETU, there's an actual PDF conversion document for free on the Pinnacle website for the product. I'd like to create my own module that incorporates those conversion notes, so I don't have to convert on the fly. While I know I could simply retype everything and slowly build my own module up over time, does anyone know of any shortcuts that could help in this process?

How would you create a SWADE version of a preexisting module, if you wanted to do so?

With Regards,
Flynn

Doswelk
July 11th, 2020, 19:35
Good Afternoon, All:

Although I am asking this question specifically for East Texas University, I'm sure there are other modules that were originally developed for SWD or SWE that need minor conversion efforts to SWADE. In the case of ETU, there's an actual PDF conversion document for free on the Pinnacle website for the product. I'd like to create my own module that incorporates those conversion notes, so I don't have to convert on the fly. While I know I could simply retype everything and slowly build my own module up over time, does anyone know of any shortcuts that could help in this process?

How would you create a SWADE version of a preexisting module, if you wanted to do so?

With Regards,
Flynn
I retyped the whole thing, for Titan Effect and 50 Fathoms, the only way to not convert on the fly, is to convert EVERYTHING that needs to be converted.

Mgrancey
July 13th, 2020, 02:20
NPC Maker 1.7, but that would probably be about it. Depending on how much needs to be changed (not much of a horror fan), if the module isn't in the vault and locked, you could crack open and update, but I would warn you that if you do so.

1. Keep a copy of the original files
2. Rename your new module's names: File name, Module name
3. Mark it as SWADE
4. EXAMINE XML structure and tag methodolgy before making changes.
5. Do any work inside FG in another campaign then export to a module.

If you don't/aren't I would suggest making sure comfortable with XML, have a good XML editor. Accidently changing a name, and depending on how it was setup, you could break LINKS by changing names.