PDA

View Full Version : Boot Hill

Rick Arnold
April 24th, 2007, 14:24
As a fan of the game, I was just wondering if anyone had any maps or a 'generic character sheet' to use with the 2nd Edition game.

Hoping to run some games with a friend.

Thanks.

Thore_Ironrock
April 24th, 2007, 23:37
As a fan of the game, I was just wondering if anyone had any maps or a 'generic character sheet' to use with the 2nd Edition game.

Hoping to run some games with a friend.

Thanks.

Hi Rick,

FYI ... "Boot Hill", as in the game previously published by TSR, is copyright protected by Wizards of the Coast, and anything regarding this system and using it in FG is for personal use only and cannot be posted online as a community download.

On a similar note, if anyone has any interest in doing a "western" ruleset for Fantasy Grounds please contact me. ;)

Illrigger
April 25th, 2007, 00:31
Is that Sidewinder or Deadlands, I wonder? ;)

Rick Arnold
April 25th, 2007, 00:54
I figured I wouldn't be able to get anything by way of the character sheets...

but I have the old maps from the game, and I was wondering if anyone knew a mapping program that can recreate the maps on the computer -- grids and building outlines.

I've checked out a few programs (on here and via other sites) but I haven't found any. Although I found one on WOTC's site ironically, but there's no 'Western' parts.

EyeBall
April 25th, 2007, 05:18
I figured I wouldn't be able to get anything by way of the character sheets...

but I have the old maps from the game, and I was wondering if anyone knew a mapping program that can recreate the maps on the computer -- grids and building outlines.

I've checked out a few programs (on here and via other sites) but I haven't found any. Although I found one on WOTC's site ironically, but there's no 'Western' parts.

Not sure if you have checked it out, but Dundjinni is a phenominal mapping program, and has a huge ( and extremely friendly) user base. I would recommend it to anyone. www.dundjinni.com

Thore_Ironrock
April 25th, 2007, 12:01
Is that Sidewinder or Deadlands, I wonder? ;)

Neither actually, although Deadlands is on our radar long term (probably next year).

;)

Thore_Ironrock
April 25th, 2007, 12:03

There are several thread on this in the forum here if you do a search. In addition to DunDjinni I also use AutoRealm, which is a great free B&W mapper.

https://www.gryc.ws/autorealm.htm

EyeBall
April 25th, 2007, 12:34
Neither actually, although Deadlands is on our radar long term (probably next year).

;)

Deadlands.. Great game. I created a ruleset complete with the various die icons for stats and such. THe only cumbersome issue was the cards. I never did get a very good way to those. The tokens (chits) were easy, as was the others. Those bloody cards..
:P

Rick Arnold
April 25th, 2007, 19:03
Thanks for the help on the map makers... I'll have to take a look at them. I have AutoRealm, but I'm not that good with it yet.

And Deadlands... Don't get me started on that. I have almost all of the books for the original game. I can't wait till you guys do it... Snatch it up in a second.