PDA

View Full Version : Effects: Capitalizing any condition in a list breaks the entire list

sstarsslayer
July 9th, 2020, 08:21
If I make an effect like this to protect against all the beholder's effects, it works correctly and says "target immune" in the chatbox:
Testing Immunity; removedText: removed; IMMUNE:charmed, paralyzed, frightened, restrained, incapacitated, unconscious, petrified, grappled
Adding any unsupported condition, such as "sleep", makes it so there is no longer working immunity to any of the conditions:
Also, capitalizing or misspelling any of them breaks it.
I would point out that the conditions are all capitalized if you view them in the effects management window, and in the list of Beholder's powers in the combat tracker, and when they are applied to a character, and in the FG wiki list of supported conditions, yet capitalizing any one of them in the immunity list of conditions breaks the entire list.

(5E, FGC & FGU, no extensions)

Zacchaeus
July 9th, 2020, 09:34
I''m not sure if you are just making an observation or not. Yes, only supported conditions are allowed; yes misspelling will not work; and yes all of the conditions must be lower case as noted in the Wiki.

In your example you have SomeOtherText followed by a colon. FG is trying to interpret that as an effect which of course doesn't exist and so will ignore it and whatever else follows it.

sstarsslayer
July 9th, 2020, 17:50
In your example you have SomeOtherText followed by a colon.
Actually, it correctly ignores the someOtherText. That section is separated from the rest by a semicolon.
It's adding "sleep" that broke the whole immune list, as did "Unconscious" with capital U before that.

sstarsslayer
July 9th, 2020, 22:42
yes all of the conditions must be lower case as noted in the Wiki.
Actually, this is from the wiki:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#Conditions

Zacchaeus
July 9th, 2020, 23:17
I stand corrected.