PDA

View Full Version : LFP Pathfinder 2nd Extinction Curse Mon or Tue Eve EST

DMReckless
July 9th, 2020, 01:43
This game has been filled, thank you everyone who applied for making it hard.

FG License: FGU Ulimate, players only need demo for FG Unity
Game System: Pathfinder, 2nd Edition

Day of week and time: Tuesday 8PM-10:30pm Time Zone: EST (UTC-4)
If new game, planned start date: August 4th or11th
Planned Duration & Frequency: 2 1/2 to 3 hours; weekly, with about 1 week off per month
Term: Long Term, Adventure Path Campaign from 1st-20th level

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord with FG Teamspeak as backup
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Up to player participation, plenty of room for both.
Number of Players in game & needed:4-5
Character starting level & equipment:1st level, 15gp
Character restrictions: Paizo-Published materials either what's available for Fantasy Grounds (I have and will continue to purchase everything put out for 2nd Edition for Fantasy Grounds, so if they've published it it will be available to players in my games) or what you can input/program yourself; part of the delay in start date is allowing for the Advanced Player's Guide to come out at the end of July if people want to use (and presumably input) options from there. Characters must be GOOD aligned or Lawful Neutral with strong reasons to back up the group's endeavors.

Details of your scenario:

The Extinction Curse Adventure Path is ostensibly about a group of people working in a travelling circus who get mixed up in murder plots, ancient curses, and long-buried secrets. It involves a minigame about putting on a good show in each town you visit, potential recruits you meet, a dangerous rival circus whose master you have fled because of her evil ways, and the need to make your circus the biggest thing on Golarion. Set against this backdrop, you are also adventurers exploring dungeons and fighting monsters who wish nothing less than the extinction of all life on the Isle of Kortos. It's circus folks vs. dinosaur-riding trogs.

I would very much prefer players who want to ride this strange plot into all its corners- both light and dark. PCs should be equally invested in making the circus the best it can be and saving their island. Big personalities under the big top are to be expected, but when the curtain falls, I'd rather the PCs seem like real people rather than caricatures. A long-term mindset is needed here, as it will likely take more than a year to play through.

Paizo's Description of the AP (some spoilers): https://paizo.com/store/pathfinder/adventures/adventurePath/extinctioncurse

Free Player's Guide Available: https://paizo.com/products/btq022ks?Pathfinder-Adventure-Path-Extinction-Curse-Players-Guide

About me: I'm a long-time GM with good familiarity of both PF and FG, although I can still learn a thing or two as we go along. I try to breath life into npcs, run the rules fairly, adapt where the rules have holes or the rule of cool becomes more important, and love it when my PCs have personalities and backgrounds that matter. I let the dice fall where they may, do not "fudge" things, and try to run the enemies according to their personalities, powers, and intellect, so things can get dangerous with powerful and/or crafty enemies.

What Potential Players Should Do To Apply: Read the Free Player's Guide linked above. Tell me about the character or characters you'd like to potentially play. Take a look at https://pulpnocturne1930.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/100-questions-rpg-character-d-2017.pdf and answer a few dozen of these questions for yourself to get an idea of the kind of thought process I'd like in character creation. Don't forget, for PF2, to include your Ancestry(Heritage)/Background/Class. I will be choosing players based on characters I like.

PM me or post here with questions, etc.

We will be doing a session zero to build characters in FG, Probably August 4th. Especially for PCs using the Advanced Player's Guide, you won't need to have everything bolted down until then, just a good answer about who your character is.

Game has been decided for Tuesdays.

MichaelBean
July 9th, 2020, 03:39
Long time Pathfinder player here. I'm very interested in joining up. I'll have character info for you soon!

hiMonk
July 9th, 2020, 18:39
I'd love to play a classic Human Fighter in your campaign. Mondays or Tuesdays are both acceptable for me. #Monk0874

Deamon2015
July 10th, 2020, 00:33
Hi am a new player to the Pathfinder community. I'd love to play in your campaign if it's on a Monday as that works best for me. #Deamon6043

KoiFish
July 11th, 2020, 04:51
Hi! Been playing 5E for about 1.5 yrs (offline+Roll20, mostly), dipping my toes into PF2! I own the core book, but haven't yet gotten the chance to play. (I've also played the Cyberpunk and FFG Star Wars TTRPGs). Unfortunately only Tuesdays work for me, but if that's what you end up going with, I'd be interested! I'm not 100% solid on a character - but I think I'd someone who does "trick riding" would be a lot of fun. The Animal Wrangler Background from the EC Player Guide. Class could actually be somewhat flexible depending on party needs/class cohesion. Champion, Ranger, Druid are perhaps the most obvious choices, but an Archetype could also work great depending on what we need. Probably Neutral Good. I'm sure I'll come up with more as I think on it.

Keraki
July 12th, 2020, 02:31
Good for weekly Tuesdays Games. History with both 1st and 2nd Edition Pathfinder.

DMReckless
July 12th, 2020, 13:27
Interest is looking good. Got a bite or two from other recruitment channels as well. MicahaelBean, please indicate what day/days are good for you.

For those new to Pathfinder, the Advanced Players Guide will open up new options aside from the Core Rulebook and Lost Omens. This is the product page to give you some ideas of the things becoming available: https://paizo.com/products/btq023ih?Pathfinder-Advanced-Players-Guide

Smurfalypse
July 12th, 2020, 21:29
GM looking for a group to play with! Currently running Age of Ashes for a group and got the itch to get my game on!
Have FGU Ultimate, know how FGU works, decently up to date on the rules of PF2e and pretty chill.
Have a bunch of character concepts in mind, so can fill just about any roll and be thrilled about it.

Thanks for the looksee!

Half-Orc Bard - Shamanistic style of play, basically all "throw bones" and "juju magic" style of stuff with the Occult spell list being so supporty.
Ranged Champion - Nothing super fancy but one of the more finesse races (Elf maybe) and go with Bow and stuff, worship one of the Nature/Hunter gods.

DMReckless
July 13th, 2020, 19:32
It looks like most of the interest from here and a few other places is highest for Tuesdays, so I'm officially calling this a Tuesday night game and adjusting the initial post accordingly. Sorry for anyone who was only available Mondays.

For those interested in playing on Tuesdays, please start to get some of your character concepts/stories in to me. Feel free to discuss character ideas here if you think it will help each other out, and you can always shoot me questions via PM or on discord (Reckless#3569)

MichaelBean
July 13th, 2020, 20:09
Both Monday and Tuesday nights are good for me. Sorry that I didn't indicate that sooner!

KazooLord
July 13th, 2020, 20:59
Hi I'm fairly new to pathfinder, but I have a good understanding of the rules and mechanics of 2E as well as years of roleplaying experience with D&D. I have a few possible characters in mind, but the one I would most likely play is a Half-Orc Monk with the Aerialist background that is a performer in the circus and has spent most of his life as a part of some sort of circus. The other characters I have in mind aren't completely fleshed out, but I have considered a champion worshipping Desna who wants to protect the circus as they travel. The last character I've considered is a ranger who takes care of the animals in the circus. Both mondays and tuesdays work great for me. Im a bit bad about checking fantasy grounds so here is my discord KazooLord#4137

DMReckless
July 15th, 2020, 02:14
If anyone is looking to play something like the 1E Kineticist (although with a pretty interesting twist regarding your relationship with the element you're dealing with, I am also entering the Elemental Host class (from Little Red Goblin Games

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/315835/Elemental-Host-New-Base-Class-for-2nd-Edition

Zial
July 15th, 2020, 03:43
I am interested. I was thinking of a Ratfolk acrobat, or dancer ... Or maybe a clown who is a rat, or shoony (basically pugfolk ... They seem really cute) who enjoys making people laugh, while the acrobat would want to amaze. I actually had a circus acrobat in D&D 5E who was a tabaxi arcane trickster and life cleric. I do not know how well that would translate to cat folk in PF2E. I have two possible reasons for joining ... To seek glory and fame, or because the character literally grew up in the same circus. I already had designed a full character with .xml formatting, but she is a death metal bard who delights in killing and swearing, so I dout that would work well in your campaign. She was initially lose my based upon Barb from the latest Trolls movie, so I could dial back the edginess. How are you, btw with swearing, violence, or sexy stuff (like you might normally associate with bards who aren't into death metal)? I can fashion a character who meets the parameters better that way. I can certainly do wholesome too. The clown would go that route.

DMReckless
July 15th, 2020, 04:05
Personally, I am fine with "adult" content. Whether I am fine with it in the games I run depend on the group I'm running with. If even one person is uncomfortable with something, it's not allowed in the game. So until we have a group, I wouldn't base a character around crassness per say.

One thing that is straight up taboo in any games I run is any type of sexual aggression, predation, or violence. Leave any of that out of both front and backstory and you'll be fine with me, as long as you respect the other players' boundaries as well.

Zial
July 15th, 2020, 17:58
Sounds reasonable to me. Thanks for the clarification. I definitely was not thinking of sexual predators, murderers, or anything like that. If anyone has any issues about anything in particular they would not like, let me know straight up and I will change character attributes or mute then accordingly, if any come up.

TigerPisces
July 16th, 2020, 01:05
I’m interested in playing! I would love to try out some of the APG stuff so a witch or oracle would be cool, especially a dhampir elf one. I’m thinking a fortune teller, seer, or something similar. A tiefling swashbuckler/trapèze artist could also be pretty awesome as well.

On Discord I’m TigerPisces#8576

DMReckless
July 16th, 2020, 01:11
For everyone's consideration, I will be making my decisions on PCs by Wednesday 07/22. If you can work on concepts and backgrounds before then, that would be ideal.(Edited for date)

Zial
July 17th, 2020, 00:01
I have settled upon what I think is a good concept for this campaign ... a young rat girl street urchin who snuck into the Celestial Menagire, ran up the rigging to avoid getting caught, was noticed for her potential in
arieal work, was recruited, grew up with them, and ultimately left for the Circus of Wayward Wonders. I have PM'd DM Reckless with a more detailed description. Obviously, we don't know the exact stats, herritages, or racial feats for ratfolk just yet, but I think this would work. Have a rattastic day!

goodmanje
July 21st, 2020, 22:47
A swashbuckler would be great for this campaign....

DMReckless
July 22nd, 2020, 21:39
Thank you, everyone who has applied. I have contacted the chosen players and invited them to the discord channel.

You guys made the choices difficult, for sure, and I want to thank you all for your efforts. I hope you get into games soon if you were not chosen. Several of you are on my list to contact if anyone drops or otherwise flakes.

Zial
July 23rd, 2020, 01:28
Thank you, everyone who has applied. I have contacted the chosen players and invited them to the discord channel.

You guys made the choices difficult, for sure, and I want to thank you all for your efforts. I hope you get into games soon if you were not chosen. Several of you are on my list to contact if anyone drops or otherwise flakes.

To the GM and all players chosen, I wish you all a good time in the campaign!